Adding MP3 capability to the home stereo system

husker

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 10:00 am
let me know if you can play a dvd from the PC to the Prism to the TV
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 07:20 pm
Hey Husker - It does work! lol

I just watched an old John Wayne movie (Riders of Destiny) with the DVD in the computer and streamed across the wireless network.

There were a few audio drop-outs though. Certianly isn't a perfect system for it. The PrismIQ software comes with a DivX decoder built in. I tried playing a Disney movie through it first but that wouldn't come up. I'll have to rip it to an MPEG4 format and run it that way when I get the chance.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2003 03:01 pm
I'm not a fan of MP3 for critical listening ... or for much casual listening, for that matter. I do have my 'Puter network's A/V capabilities linked to my main AV system, however, and to the master bedroom's somewhat less ambitious AV system. As for inputs and outputs, here's the back panel of my Yamaha. All of the digital I/Os are independently assignable, and all functions can be renamed in respect to what is displayed on the unit's front panel display, the TV screen, and the remote's display. Still, there isn't an open interface available. I find need for outboard switching. And for several hundred dollars worth of interconnects ... you oughtta see the snakepit of wires behind the thing. Shocked

http://www.audioholics.com/productreviews/avhardware/images/clip_image002_001.jpg
0 Replies