How have you saved $ in these tougher times?

JPB

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 04:05 pm
@Swimpy,
We stopped the newspaper too. The Tribune's format changes made it an easy decision. We also used to eat out a lot and now seldom do.

0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 04:09 pm
@Swimpy,
I have a savings goal. Goals are good. Having kept to them, mostly, there was allowance for unexpected medical expenses in December. I use a professional accounting program, so I do know when goals haven't been met.

I keep a print newspaper (WSJ), but had to wait for the price to get right. I had a $99 promotional subscription. They wanted to renew at $249/yr. When they finally got to $148, they made my price point.

I had planned to upgrade the accounting program to the 2009 version if it dropped below $100. It didn't happen, and even the Staples price of $149 for the 2010 version wasn't good enough to tip the balance. By the way, Peachtree sent lots of upgrade offers for around $450. You can get the same version new for about $149. They don't know who they are dealing with.
0 Replies