So who Reads paulo cohello?

mrhunt

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2009 12:17 am
basicly i just saw The Movie "veronica decides to die" Which is based on the book From paulo Coehelo and I was amazed At The Subtle Storyline and many Important messages the film brought across......

Now Im actually reading the book and It seems just terrific,Who else has read This guys books? Im not sure if the movie is actually OUT yet or What cause i donwloaded it Online but if anyone wants the link to download just Private message me and i can find it for you.

ANWAYS,Just thought it tied into Christmas And The Ideal's The film brought across To Me i thought id share with everyone.....
Live everyday like its your last,Cause it could be! So live it to your FULLEST and Do what you want to do! I know it sounds like such bullshit but its really true if only we could really All do it.

And Appreciate Your life because your circumstances could be so much worse! These arnt the Only Ideals the film was about but i found it to be the main and most important 2...

Love you guys! Merry christmas and New year!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,234 • Replies: 8
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2009 12:19 am
@mrhunt,
Sorry, but I've read about him as nutso. Not to deride him for that.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2009 01:11 am
@ossobuco,
Adds, it's Coehlo.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2009 01:17 am
I've been meaning to, but only tend to find his books in translations (English, Spanish) where I live and I'd like to read it in the original Portuguese (because I speak it as well as Spanish).

I'm hoping this thread spurs me to find a way and just start. Anyone else out there have any particular Paulo Coelho recommendations for me to start with?
saab

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2009 02:39 am
I like him and I have also read "A bruxa de Portobello" - but not in original language. I like that better than the other one. I think he is an interesting author.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2009 03:10 am
Rolls eyes that someone would take my comment as a reason to zero.

To all interested, I'm almost sure, almost, almost, that there was a long article on him in the new yorker a couple of years ago.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2009 03:19 am
@ossobuco,
I tried the NYer and got a blank. I doubt that.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2009 03:27 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

I tried the NYer and got a blank. I doubt that.

Ah, I seem to remember a long article. May be wrong of course.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2009 03:38 am
@Robert Gentel,
Robert,

It happens to me to have a quite large variety of Paulo Coelho's books in my private library, in many languages (English, French, Spanish, Portuguese).

To start with, I would advise "By the river Piedra, I sat down and wept".

But it's only me, you can take many other advices here : Paulo Coelho's blog
0 Replies