my dog is so skinny.

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2009 04:35 pm
i have been out of money lately so i began spending my food stamps on my dogs.
i used a rice base with a 2 cooked eggs and boiled ground beef and i throw that on top of their dog food.but he is losing weight, and im feeding him a shitload.

he had parvo for two weeks and almost died. so hes skinny 70 pounds when his bros and siss r like 90-110 pounds..and we moved and he wouldnt eat for a week and i didnt notice at first..

but damn i feed him three times as much as jefita, shes lost all her getting spayed weight but hes just losin weight..

im going back to a regular dog food diet today..

if he has a parasite or something this would make sense, and im beginning to think bloat is present in some minor form..

gah i just hope i dont need to go to the vet and going back to reg food solves the problem.

they are outside dogs now and its really cold in vegas right now, especially for pitbulls.

maybe i should increase his food again.

iono.

just buggin me out that he looks like a holocaust victim. he has tons of energy though, i doubt bloat is there hes hops around like a 7 year old on snickers and coca cola..

and i changed his diet from eating all day whenever he wants to just once, that could be it as well, maybe..

ill wait a bit, if he gets worse ima have to give him up, cant afford the vet. ill be destroyed. but at least he'll be okey dokey.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,874 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2009 04:41 pm
@6h0st1nth3m4ch1n3,
Call your local SPCA or Humane Society and tell them you can't afford to see a vet. Most have a part time vet on staff who will see the dog or refer you to a charity animal service that deals with these situations. It sounds like a serious illness to me, not necessarily food related. The dog will probably die if not treated.
High Seas

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2009 04:45 pm
@Green Witch,
Agreed with Green Witch, this dog is extremely ill. Call the ASPCA or any other charity, explain the situation - do it NOW - and they'll refer you to volunteer vets. Parvo virus is deadly - don't delay! Come back after the vet's exam tomorrow and let us know diagnosis and treatment, please!
6h0st1nth3m4ch1n3

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2009 05:08 pm
@High Seas,
but he doesnt have any symptoms except for being , skinny.

i think its food related to be completely honest, he has no lack of energy, doesnt throw up.. his **** is fine. isnt having trouble pissing, nothing. just weight loss.

im beginning to think he just wont eat unless im around him.

i hope thats what it is, hes has extreme extreme extreme seperation anxiety...

it gets crazy when i leave.. i just somehow think its depression i dont know why.

his master left him, and then i moved them into a backyard and they went from overfed house dogs to fed once a day outside dogs.

what im concerned with most is bloat. but he eats just fine, when im there anyway.

and hes stronger then ever.. it is so odd..

his legs are actually bigger than before..

oh one thing i forgot to add, i have been cruising around with both of my dogs pulling me on a skateboard..

for 3 months now.

it might have to do with "overtraining"

i started noticing my dogs would want to pull more even if they just got done off of a 5 mile run.

i dont know what it is but i should tomorrow.
Green Witch

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2009 05:13 pm
@6h0st1nth3m4ch1n3,
Dogs do not starve themselves to death and that is what is happenng. He is probably vomiting after you leave and the other dogs are eating it. He might have an obstruction and that is why he is bloated. If a dog with these symptoms lasts another week I would be surprised.
6h0st1nth3m4ch1n3

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 05:32 pm
@Green Witch,
hes fine. how gay i freaked out for nothing.

apparently hes just skinny.

i was dreading an abstruction of some sort, a few days ago i saw a chewed up bag and then my mind started racing.

im just suprised he doesnt have like liver and stomach cancer ffs.

iono if the vet says hes fine hes ******* fine and im happy.
High Seas

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 05:42 pm
@6h0st1nth3m4ch1n3,
6h0st1nth3m4ch1n3 wrote:

hes fine. how gay i freaked out for nothing.....o if the vet says hes fine hes ******* fine and im happy.

Does that mean you took him to the vet?
0 Replies