tsarstepan

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2017 11:18 am
@tsarstepan,
The Master Would Approve: The Cast of MST3K on the Surreal Joys of its Return
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 10:08 am
@tsarstepan,
https://media.giphy.com/media/l0IylVbVP2NyfsHWU/giphy.gif
Tomorrow (THURSDAY night!)! Rifftrax Live screening of Samurai Cop (1991)
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2017 05:37 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 29 Apr, 2017 08:59 pm
@tsarstepan,
New recruits would be appreciated.

I've taken over the Mystery Science Theater 3000's SETI@home team which has lain dormant for years.

I also created the Mystery Science Theater 3000's Asteroid@home team.

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 17 May, 2017 09:31 am
@tsarstepan,
Published a poll on IMDb based on a recent Paste Magazine article on their Top 25 episodes list.
Top 25 MST3k Episodes!
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2018 08:39 pm
@tsarstepan,
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 14 May, 2020 03:59 pm

https://i.imgur.com/Ts12eBs.jpg
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2020 08:11 pm
@Region Philbis,
Mystery Science Theater 3000 Creator Joel Hodgson Discusses Another MST3K Comeback - Comic-Con 2020
Quote:
Despite the pandemic and the move away from Netflix, the many creative elements of MST3K are still working together on current and future projects. Hodgson explains, “Alternaversal Productions is my production company. And we really do all the intellectual property for Mystery Science Theater. [We're] the ones who did all the creative work for the new shows. We wrote and produced the shows. And have proceeded with that for the 20 feature-length episodes on Netflix, but also the three live tours, comic book, etc. So we really generate that internally.”

“And that's a mix of using writers from the show, but also internally there's Sharyl Volpe who's our operations manager and she's a writer-producer. Same with Matt McGinnis. He's a writer-producer. And we really worked together almost daily, working on these creative elements. And then once we get them in a good spot, then we can start bringing in the rest of the writers for projects.”

Hodgson intends to involve fans as much as possible in any future MST3K interaction, saying, “I think we have to have a really clear idea of what everything is before we offer [a Kickstarter] to the fan base. And so we'll be doing that in the next few months and just talking to them -- and basically the vehicle to do that is MST3K.org, where we're going to promote the charity we're working on. But also it'll be a place where we can talk about it, and kind of just do fan engagement on a really old-fashioned roots level with just forums and stuff like that, so people can talk and we can start to survey them about 'where is Mystery Science Theater in the year 2020?'”
0 Replies