Fixing a boogered up CD

msolga

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2009 09:52 pm
@dlowan,
I'd imagine so, Deb.

Though I have been wrong before! (I might try it on a crappy old DVD I don't like very much.)
NickFun

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2009 09:54 pm
Take some sandpaper and rub it gently against the CD until you get the scratches out. This also works on furniture.
msolga

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2009 09:55 pm
@NickFun,
I'm sure it does.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2009 09:55 pm
@msolga,
Do that. And remember dont rub in little circles. (WOMEN ALWAYS DO THAT).Rub the disc from its center out to the edge. It takes some getting familiar but I only rubbed it in one direction Embarrassed
msolga

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2009 10:01 pm
@farmerman,
I wonder why it is that women always rub in circles while men rub only in one direction?
It's an interesting question, isn't it?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 06:48 am
@farmerman,
Famerman I would still suggest now making copies of those two disks in question just to be on the safe side.

Very nice indeed that you got such great results................
farmerman

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 07:30 am
@BillRM,
Im not sure but I dont think I can use my DELL burner on my computer to accomplish that, and because CD's are slowly becoming yesteredays technology, I dont know whether I want to invest in a disc copier. I suppose I could find a place that does this but, I only paid 3$ for the book. As long as I get a couple of entertaining hours, im even.

BillRM

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 07:47 am
@farmerman,
Farmerman doing a very fast google check there is a ton of both freeware and shareware copying programs out there.

Here is one of a great number of links to such programs if you care to look at them.

http://software.informer.com/getfree-freeware-cd-copier-burner/
0 Replies