What was your favorite toy?

bandylu2

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 08:15 pm
Too bad. It would have been somehow appropriate it there had been a mystery. I love mysteries like that. A bit spooky but also kind of reassuring in a way.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 08:19 pm
lol, the search function always does that.

check this out
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 08:49 pm
Now you've gone and really ruined it, Craven. I really preferred to think there was something mysterious going on. You and your darn reality.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2002 06:23 am
My brother and I spent most of today working on a petrol engined remote control race car. I can't remember having many toys better than that.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2002 06:39 am
Snorkle!!!!!!
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2002 06:42 am
Your favourite toy was a snorkle? Do a lot of diving Deb? Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2002 06:45 am
No - one of my favourite expressions of amusement is a cross between a snort and a chuckle!

I would like to dive some day - but scuba dive - rather than snorkle.
I would not mind a tank with sea-horses as a toy, though - I could pretend to snorkle...
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2002 06:50 am
Sea horses are alive!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2002 06:51 am
So have some of my other toys been!!!!! ~:> D
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2002 12:51 pm
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2002 04:13 pm
When I was a kid there were no computer games, so my favorite toy was a small model of Kalashnikov assault rifle...
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2002 04:23 pm
We thought our first TV game consoles were so cool!
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2002 04:24 pm
And to make it harder, you could increase the angles the dot bounced at and shorten your "paddles"
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2002 04:24 pm
Asteroids was black and white with about 4 or 5 different flows and about the same number of speeds.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2002 04:27 pm
Never saw that!
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2002 04:29 pm
They came out in bars and stuff, TV screens - some flat like tables. Paid 50 cents or so to play a game. Next to come out was space invaders (I'll get corrected on that one-ha).
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2004 01:03 pm
:::Dredging up an ancient topic, just in time for Christmas shopping:::

My favorite toy was crayons and paper, and any kind of art supplies.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2004 01:11 pm
My Lionel train had a rocket launcher and an exploding box-car...ultimate cool. Oh, and smoke came out of the smokestack.
0 Replies

Matrix500

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2004 06:28 pm
Cinnesthesia...

Thanks for reviving this thread. It was a lot of fun and going back over it brought back some good memories...Art supplies. Something my daughter is never without. She's always drawing or sketching something - or painting. Right now, in her art class they were given a choice of painting either a portrait or a landscape. Everyone in her class is painting a landscape - but her - she's painting a portrait of Cyndi Lauper using an outrageous picture of her that was in Rolling Stone not too long ago. She's good.

Asteroids...didn't Pong come out before Asteroids? Boy, we thought that was so cool when it came out. Then when Asteroids came out - well, that was incredible! LOL!!!
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2004 07:00 pm
Plastic bricks. Red, about the size of a standard domino, but with the ability to interlock horizontally or vertically. I started out with a few hundred of them at age four and had several thousand by the time I was ten and gave them up. I would build these huge structures, sometimes taking the time to sketch them out on paper, but usually just building one piece on another based on some design concept in my head.
Looking back, from a distance of 50 years later, I would have enjoyed being an architect. Sadly, though, that artistic side of my brain never got the stimulus it needed. Instead, I got into in the business end of building things. How do you make the numbers work with regards to land cost, financing, return on investment, etc.
But I do miss my red plastic bricks, about the size of dominoes...rjb
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 09:12:13