Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 08:22 pm
@Mame,
We tried this approach, Mame. It's hopeless:

http://able2know.org/topic/138044-1
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 08:26 pm
@Mame,
Why not just ignore her threads, if they're such a problem?
realjohnboy

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 09:59 pm
@msolga,
Are you kidding, msolga? Leona is a riot. It's like watching soap operas (not that I actually watch soap operas)
panzade

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 10:35 pm
@realjohnboy,
I like Leona. She's the real deal.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 10:48 pm
@realjohnboy,
Quote:
Are you kidding, msolga? Leona is a riot. It's like watching soap operas (not that I actually watch soap operas)

I actually haven't paid all that much attention to Leona, RJB, but she appears to have gotten up a few peoples' noses here.
Me, I tend to agree with you. Heck, there's not too much else going on here at the moment, is there? At least Leona is keeping some some here entertained.
realjohnboy

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 11:23 pm
@msolga,
I have a theory, msolga. I may be completely wrong.
I think it is possible for an A2Ker clever enough to create a character and to post under that character's name. Hell, I would do it if I thought I could pull it off for a few days.
Sure, it would be mean of us to ridicule a legitimate poster posing a serious question. But our noses, I think, are acute enough to detect a sham. And we respond in kind.
roger

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 11:26 pm
@realjohnboy,
No, you'd have to throw in something like "In my opinion", or "I believe I'm right" We'd spot you in a minute, John.
msolga

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 11:31 pm
@realjohnboy,
Quote:
I have a theory, msolga. I may be completely wrong.
I think it is possible for an A2Ker clever enough to create a character and to post under that character's name. Hell, I would do it if I thought I could pull it off for a few days.

By golly, RJB, your theory might well be correct! Very Happy

It had occurred to me, I confess.

But why are so many giving "Leona" the attention she craves?

If your theory is correct, it just encourages her to post more, as folk become increasingly irritated!
dlowan

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 11:32 pm
@roger,
A RAT, however.....
roger

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 11:37 pm
@dlowan,
I think I would be picked off pretty quick, too.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 11:43 pm
@msolga,
In my opinion, you don't appreciate, perhaps, American humor. Leona was set up (by whomever) to eventually become the straight-man for other posters' jokes. Much like Dean Martin was to Jerry Lewis.
"Irritated?" No, not at all. No one is. I believe I am right.
Except I hate Roger for his snide remark about me.
roger

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 11:45 pm
@realjohnboy,
Heh Heh Heh
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 11:55 pm
@realjohnboy,
Quote:
You don't appreciate, perhaps, American humor. Leona was set up (by whomever) to eventually become the straight-man for other posters' jokes. Much like Dean Martin was to Jerry Lewis.
"Irritated?" No, not at all. No one is.

I guess I don't, RJB. Confused Neutral

I got the distinct impression that some posters were definitely getting becoming annoyed by "Leona's" many posts. That they were genuinely trying to advise her, in the A2K way.

So this is all some sort of in joke? On both sides? And everyone's enjoying the humour of the situation?

All I can say is that your humour is different to the (Oz/Brit) humour I'm familiar with.

msolga

Reply Sat 7 Nov, 2009 12:00 am
@msolga,
BTW I'm not saying that some of the responses to Leona's travails weren't humorous ....

0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sat 7 Nov, 2009 06:26 am
I don't think Leona is an A2ker in disguise, but I do think it's someone who has found herself the center of attention and is loving it and is going to milk it for all it's worth.
Reyn

Reply Sat 7 Nov, 2009 08:48 am
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:

I don't think Leona is an A2ker in disguise, but I do think it's someone who has found herself the center of attention and is loving it and is going to milk it for all it's worth.

TTH?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 7 Nov, 2009 08:52 am
@Green Witch,
Quote:

You've just described David to a T.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sat 7 Nov, 2009 09:30 am
It probably describes a lot of people on forums, Pan.

TTH has her troubles, but she was never someone who looked to lie or deceive. Taco thinks it's Roxxxanne, she has such a distinct voice (and it's not Lenona's) that I would not point a finger at her. Sglass thinks it Primo (or whatever he called himself). To say it's Primo is a compliment to him. He's too simple minded and ignorant to pull off any type of disguise. I would be embarrassed to know I fell for a Primo scam. I think Leona is someone who stumbled in here and is finding the kind of attention she doesn't get in her real life - and that's why she stays and keeps asking the same questions over and over.
panzade

Reply Sat 7 Nov, 2009 09:42 am
@Green Witch,
Quote:
TTH has her troubles,

I didn't have any idea.

Quote:
I think Leona is someone who stumbled in here and is finding the kind of attention she doesn't get in her real life - and that's why she stays and keeps asking the same questions over and over.

I agree, although I don't find it a problem. I'd much rather try to interact with a Leona than engage with a politico who calls me an a-hole because I disagree.

I like Leona, although I would like to see her absorb some of the real good advice she is given. Or even acknowledge it just once.

If she's a fraud, well , so be it.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Leona's THREAD for ALL her POSTS... put them here, Beyonce
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/16/2024 at 10:02:38