• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,326 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2009 09:33 am
@Dentstore,
They are these strips that you put on your teeth that are supposed to help whiten them - I've never used them so I can claim whether they work or how well they work.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2009 10:04 am
My niece used them once. She said they were very "gooey" and would not stay in place for the time recommended. She thought she saw a little difference, but they were not worth the $20. A friend of hers said she experienced an allergic reaction and her gums turned red for two days and her teeth hurt. Apparently there is some warning about this on the instructions, but you don't know if you will have a reaction until you use them. Really white teeth look really fake.
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2009 02:17 pm
I agree, in fact I never could see the attractiveness in the too-blond, too-busty, too-tan, too-white teeth look. Too much1

The Crest strips come in defferent strengths. The ones that promise to whiten in a short time are the strongest. (3 days) and can irritate gums.

They do work, however.
Linkat

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2009 02:28 pm
@sullyfish6,
I agree with the "too", but I can see this as a benefit for those that their teeth are stained from coffee or whatever else stains teeth - not to make them too white, but to make them less "beige"
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2009 02:44 pm
They do cause teeth to become sensitive. If you use them, you are suppose to use a tooth paste like Sensodyne, that will help lessen the sensitivity. I agree Linkat...there are some who drink large amounts of coffee and tea or smoke that need a little extra help that find them useful.

I don't use them....mainly because that is just one more thing to have to do. I don't need that Very Happy
0 Replies