I was almost too late

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2009 03:52 pm
@NickFun,
I will require a cashiers check, for which I will pay interest of $20 million, deposited in your bank. You must do these things to establish there is a trust between us.
NickFun

Reply Sat 31 Oct, 2009 12:39 am
@edgarblythe,
I'm not falling for that one again. Some Nigerian guy already got my $20 million. Fool me once shame on you...
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2009 12:54 pm
Well, speaking of phishing... I've been job-hunting, ya know, and Craigslist is full of fake job ads. I just got these 2 emails (below) yesterday, trying to steal info in the guise of qualifying me for a job.

These annoy me!
-------------------------------------------
To whom it may concern
Thank you for your interest in the job advertised on Craigslist. At the moment we have so many people sending us applications for all jobs we advertise that we cannot currently process them all. To help us around this problem, we have set up a quick quiz.
(Note: This website is run in conjunction with some cell phone carriers. This is in order for us to automatically store your name and number into our system so we can get back to you within 24 hours.) Lately we just can't possibly do this ourselves with the number of emails we receive daily. Also, please note that these are typical IQ questions and may seem to have little relevance to the job you applied for. We hope to have a quiz more relevant to office work online soon, and should further help us to screen out people who are not suitable. So our main concern right now is not the results, just getting you logged in our system. After the test you will be sent a pin number and results.
For now, please just go to http://..../Job_Finderz_Test9411 and start the test. (Please type the full address with no spaces. We have recently discovered that if we post a direct link in a reply to a Craigslist candidate, the email ends up in spam for some reason.) When you are finished the quiz I will get back to you within 24 hours and set up an interview within 5 business days. Please have the pin number to hand for security reasons as we cross check your number with the pin.
Thank you
Jessica

----
Jessica Gomes
Hiring Director
Job Finderz
------------------------------------------------
Hello BorisKitten,

Thank you for applying for the position available. We have been asked to screen applicants prior to forwarding them to the multiple placements available at any given time.

Because of the viruses we have received from opening malicious attachments from all the emails we've received from CraigsList applicants, if you included a resume, we will not be able to directly open it from this email.

In order to process further, our company asks that each applicant complete a credit report from http://...... At the bottom of the website you will see a button for all Applicant Submissions. Please click this button for consideration.

Upon filling out the necessary information on the first two pages of the screening, you will find yourself on page three of the site there is a drop down menu selection. Be sure to select that you are a job applicant from the menu. If you are not able to complete this criteria, then we will not be able to forward your consideration to our employer. This is an important step. After completion and upon selection, our employer will email you requesting your resume file if you are considered.

Please complete these steps as we are not able to take reports from outside referrals. A member from Credvisor Screening will contact you with any necessary follow up.

Thank You,
Credvisor Screening Services

"This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the information included in this message and any attachments is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this message and any attachments. Thank you."

"Please consider our environment before printing this email."

0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2009 01:02 pm
Snorties! Perusing local newspaper ads online I just found this one:
--------------------------------------------
Creative Stylist
W/ Clients, Would You Be Interested In Helping People w/Medical Hair lost? email resume: ....
------------------------------------------
OMG I've lost my Medical Hair! What NOW?
0 Replies