As it unfolds: A story about getting sick and getting care

Green Witch

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2009 10:48 am
@ehBeth,
I agree - as long as they don't blow it on the ground.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2009 12:10 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

Diest TKO wrote:

(probably from cheering in the cold at the USA v Costa Rica soccer match).

I've read that the outside temperature has little to no effect on your body getting sick from a cold/flu.

You may have gotten sick from the game, but more likely because of the germ infested people around you (as opposed to any cold-related issue).

T
K
Oh, I was just talking about the damage in my throat from shouting, lol.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2009 12:23 pm
@ehBeth,
Oh yeah. I'm forever saying "out, not in!" to sozlet. (Hey, less lately. Said it all the time before she had the surgeries, anyway.) She learned that bad habit from her dad. Grrr.

In addition to the germ thing (which I didn't actually know, makes sense), the pressure sends stuff up Eustachian tubes/ into the middle ear. Doesn't cause ear infections per se, but really doesn't help.

How are you feeling, Diest?
Diest TKO

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2009 12:45 pm
@sozobe,
I little tight in the chest. I cough once in a while, but not a fit, and not painful. If I sneeze, that's painful, but before you say anything about that, you're probably not aware about how crazy my sneezes are normally. We're talking sonic boom. Body aches less, but eh neck is a little tight still. I'm not going into work tonight, so I'm transitioning my body clock back to a normal day schedule.

The sun is out and it's 73 degrees. I'm tempted to get some sunshine.

This could help.
K
O
sozobe

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2009 12:46 pm
@Diest TKO,
Sunshine! Good stuff.
0 Replies