Spiders in My Car

Sugar

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2003 11:19 am
I usually don't mind spiders. I appreciate their pretty little webs hanging out in crevices and corners, catching all the pesky little bugs that I dislike a lot more than spiders. However, I think there's a plot to tie me up in a big massive web.

Every few days I get in and there are threads across my dashboard in no particular fashion. A few here, a few there, a few attached to the steering wheel. Then, I see a spider crawling across the dash or, even more fun, right in my line of view on the inside of the windshield when I'm doing 65 on the Expressway at 10 pm on a rainy night. I squished two spiders last week. Yesterday, my brother was moving my car and said "Wow, you've got a busy spider". I can only guess that this is also a little brother of spiders one and two, may they rest in peace.

There is the possibility of a nest of sorts somewhere in the air ducts. Won't this be fun as the weather gets bitterly cold? They're a bit large and I'm not sure spiders live in 'nests', but whatever they're doing, they've got to go. No one else in my driveway is having this arachnid issue.

Is there anything that spiders don't like? Maybe I can sprinkle something around the dash to tell them they aren't welcome. Pest control won't do anything to a vehicle for these kinds of things. My mother suggested blasting the vents with Raid, but obviously she's trying to kill me.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 5,237 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Sugar

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2003 11:22 am
And now for a musical interlude:

Devil's In My Car
B-52s

Help! the devil's in my car.
Ho, devil's in my car, whoa please
Please! Leave me alone!

We're really tearin' tar.
We're goin' 90 miles an hour.
Ho! He's drivin' me crazy.
He's drivin' me to hell now.

He's pointing his pitchfork at me.
He's in the front seat of my car!
He's taking over!
Oo, he ripped my upholstry.
He's at the wheel,
Help! He's drivin' too far.

I can't lock the door,
I can't put on my safety belt.
There's nothing for me to do but yell help!
Devil's in my car!
I'm goin' to hell in my old chevrolet,
I don't know which way.
Oh, help! devil's in my car!
Yeah, yeah. he's gone too far.
I won't see ya tomorrow.
I won't see ya anymore.
He's got his cloven hoof on the clutch.
Oh! Ow! I'm sitting on his tail.

Oh-ohh, I don't wanna go to hell.
(I don't wanna go to the devil.)
He's in my car, in my car, in my car.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2003 11:29 am
No just talk to those spiders gals, those little spider gals saying how you like having them spin you around.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2003 12:06 pm
ah the joy of spider infested cars...I also have this problem usually during the fall and I am quite horrified when driving and all of a sudden someone would like to park on my nose or some other impossible to bare thought.
Your car is becomming a sometimes warm, and dry place with great places to hang out. Most likely at some point a spider got up in there to lay eggs...I wont tell you how many eggs they lay...youll walk everywhere.
However, a car is usually not the place to find a good food source for them so, eventually they die out.....
good luck
raid..has that woman lost her mind??!! nevermind..i know the answer.
Maybe Q Town is so overpopulated that spiders are trying to find new places and the grand cars that we have...gosh..are they atracted to certain colors???....are just to much for them to resist.
Whatever you do..DONT feed them.
Smile
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2003 12:42 pm
If I forget and leave a window open, I sometimes get a spider in my car, but I've never had a bunch of 'em. You can love all things but still not want that - ick.

There's a drying agent, a white powder, that I get from the vet which controls fleas. I've also found it keeps spiders and other creepy crawlies away. It isn't a poison, though I would not want to breathe it in. I apply it once a year. The method is to vacuum really well, then sprinkle it on the carpeting, especially near the edges and also deep into the crevices of the upholstery. You're supposed to let it sit, then brush it in. Obviously, don't vacuum again immediately. Maybe you could do the same thing in your car? I don't know how quickly it would work. Good luck.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2003 03:14 pm
Try mothballs in the trunk under the hood and in the passenger compartment. Removed the mothballs in the passenger compartment before you use the car.

Everyone knows that killing spiders brings rain. Consider, wholesale slaughter of spiders at this time of year might bring on blizzards. You have been warned.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2003 04:28 pm
Mrs. SP wrecked a car because of a spider, many many years ago...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2003 04:57 pm
I'm ok with spiders in the car (anywhere really) so long as they aren't in my face or over my head.

I think I'd try opening the vents full blast either all the way hot or all the way cold. You know, leave the door open, blast the vents and exit the car in one motion. I have no idea if that'd work.

Also, maybe remove any leaves and other tree parts from under your hood and down around your wipers.
0 Replies