Rules to live by

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2009 03:48 pm
So I like to write and today I sat down and wrote rules to live by.......life lesson that I have learned a long the way. while I was doing this I thought about taking it one step forward and maybe writing a book about real life stories of ppl who have learned these lessons as I have. So if u feel moved to tell your story I will post them and please feel free to add n e lessons that you might have learned that I didn't......or maybe its a code u live by that you want to share.

rule 1: If they will do it with you they will do it to you!!!!!!!!
rule 2: Yes eveyone makes mistakes but now the difference btw a mistake and a lesson
rule 3: Respect yourself
Respect your family its all you got
Respect life and don't ask for to much
Respect the one you love
Respect others and they will respect you
rule 4: Don't allow others to disprespect you because that only means you are disprespectiong urself
rule 5: You can never have to many friends, but real friends are there to give as much as they recieve
rule 6: There is always more fish in the sea if you don't like what u got throw them back and catch another
rule 7: If you let someone go and they come back it doesn't always mean it was meant to be it could mean you were comfortable.
rule 8: Never settle for less than u deserve
rule 9: A broken heart will always heal even when you think it won't
rule 10: Boys will say what they have to, to get into your pants. Make them say what the need to say to get into ur heart.
rule 11: Don't be so quick to give ur heat away because when they leave they take a piece that u will never get back
rule 12: We all have a soul mate and you will find them when the time is right
rule 13: It is true that you find what you are looking for when u give up and stop looking
rule 14: Good things do come to those who wait
rule 15: Follow your heart but question with your head and btw the two they won't steer you wrong
rule 16: Womens intution is ALWYS right
rule 17: Always live by the golden rule they made it gold for a reason
rule 18: Even tho we don't like to admitt it moms really do know best
rule 19: Always stand up for what u believe in
rule 20: The things that happen in school reall don't matter later in life. They don't go on you "Perminent Record"
rule 21: You get one life live it to the fullest
rule 22: Make sure you tell your family that you love them cause you never know when its to late to start
rule 23: Always be thankful for what you have
rule 24: The best things in life are unseen thats why we close our eyes when we cry kiss and dream
rule 25: Dreams are wishes your heart makes
rule 26: Always believe in happy endings you can only fall so far before you come back up
rule 27: Don't do n e thing you can't do while riding a bike
rule 28: Sometimes the dreams that come true are dreams you never knew you had
rule 29: Pick and choose your battles make sure the fight is worth fihting for
rule 30: Make sure that you put your guard up so you don't get hurt but not up so far that you miss out

ok this all i have if u want to share or add please feel free

panzade

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2009 05:00 pm
you can pick your friends, but you can't pick your siblings- Took me a long time to understand this
djjd62

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2009 05:03 pm
@panzade,
you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but rarely can you pick your friends nose
panzade

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2009 05:05 pm
@djjd62,
thank you...dj will be here all week...
thanks for coming to the show folks....

watch your step on the way out....
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2009 05:11 pm
@Diana Watta,
Diana, You don't seem to have too much respect for men.
djjd62

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2009 05:15 pm
i don't generally go for "rules" type things, but the sunscreen thing from the 90's is still pretty cool (favourites in bold)

Everybody's Free
(to wear sunscreen)

Ladies and Gentlemen of the class of '97... wear sunscreen.

If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be IT.

The long term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience.

I will dispense this advice now.

Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth. Never mind. You will not understand the power and beauty of your youth until they have faded. But trust me, in 20 years you'll look back at photos of yourself and recall in a way you can't grasp now how much possibility lay before you and how fabulous you really looked.

You are NOT as fat as you imagine.

Don't worry about the future; or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubblegum. The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind; the kind that blindside you at 4pm on some idle Tuesday.

Do one thing every day that scares you.

Sing.

Don't be reckless with other people's hearts, don't put up with people who are reckless with yours.

Floss.

Don't waste your time on jealousy; sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind. The race is long, and in the end, it's only with yourself.

Remember compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.

Keep your old love letters, throw away your old bank statements.

Stretch.

Don't feel guilty if you don't know what you want to do with your life. The most interesting people I know didn't know at 22 what they wanted to do with their lives, some of the most interesting 40 year olds I know still don't.

Get plenty of calcium.

Be kind to your knees, you'll miss them when they're gone.

Maybe you'll marry, maybe you won't, maybe you'll have children, maybe you won't, maybe you'll divorce at 40, maybe you'll dance the funky chicken on your 75th wedding anniversary. Whatever you do, don't congratulate yourself too much or berate yourself, either. Your choices are half chance, so are everybody else's. Enjoy your body, use it every way you can. Don't be afraid of it, or what other people think of it, it's the greatest instrument you'll ever own.

Dance. Even if you have nowhere to do it but in your own living room.

Read the directions, even if you don't follow them.

Do NOT read beauty magazines, they will only make you feel ugly.

Get to know your parents, you never know when they'll be gone for good.

Be nice to your siblings; they are your best link to your past and the people most likely to stick with you in the future.

Understand that friends come and go, but for the precious few you should hold on. Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography in lifestyle because the older you get, the more you need the people you knew when you were young.

Live in New York City once, but leave before it makes you hard; live in Northern California once, but leave before it makes you soft.

Travel.

Accept certain inalienable truths, prices will rise, politicians will philander, you too will get old, and when you do you'll fantasize that when you were young prices were reasonable, politicians were noble and children respected their elders.

Respect your elders.

Don't expect anyone else to support you. Maybe you have a trust fund, maybe you'll have a wealthy spouse; but you never know when either one might run out.

Don't mess too much with your hair, or by the time you're 40, it will look 85.

Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it's worth.

But trust me on the sunscreen.
Diana Watta

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2009 07:03 pm
@ebrown p,
what makes u say that they only one that actually says something about men is rule# 10?.....i am sorry if i give that impression i really didn't mean for it to come off that way.....
Diana Watta

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2009 07:05 pm
@panzade,
thanks do u have a story of how u figured that out that u might want to share.....like what happened to make u come to understand this
Diana Watta

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2009 07:05 pm
@djjd62,
idk about u bit i wouldn't want to pick my friends nose...lol....do u live by this code...lol
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2009 07:11 pm
@Diana Watta,
Quote:
thanks do u have a story?

Yes, my ordeal with my brother. I kept thinking..."I would never hang around with this Bozo in the real world....Oh yeah, he's mu brudder, I gotta tolerate him"
0 Replies

Diana Watta

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2009 07:14 pm
@Diana Watta,
i graduated in 99 so i kinda remember that thanks for sharing cause that things is so true
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2009 07:14 pm
@djjd62,
I remember that that particular bit of folk wisdom was originally attributed to Kurt Vonnegut Jr. and actually reprinted as a guest editorial in several newspapers under Vonnegut's byline. He had to issue a statement denying authorship. Not sure if the actual author has ever been identified.
ebrown p

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2009 10:02 pm
@Diana Watta,
I would add rules #16 and #18.

Also, I am not sure if I understand rule #27, although I sense it might somehow be related to rule #10.
joefromchicago

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2009 11:47 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Merry Andrew wrote:
Not sure if the actual author has ever been identified.

Mary Schmich of the Chicago Tribune.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2009 11:56 pm
@Diana Watta,
Diana Watta wrote:
what makes u say that they only one that actually says something about men is rule# 10?.....i am sorry if i give that impression i really didn't mean for it to come off that way.....

Nothing to be sorry about, ebrown's extra quick to make sure that men always get a fair shake, as he sees it.

Kinda like a militant anti-militant-feminist on steroids. I thought I had the market on anti-wimminhood cornered till I saw how sensitive he is to any perceived man-slight. Now he's leading that crusade.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2009 01:45 am
1. Trust everyone
2. Always cut the cards
3. Always flush the toilet - you will leave a yellow stain
4. Never flush at night - you'll wake people up.
5. Never turn down sex.
6 Never sleep with someone who has more problems than you.
Francis

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2009 02:14 am
1- (and only) - Live an let live..
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2009 07:16 am
At my age . . .
Never pass a urinal.
Never trust a fart.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2009 07:45 am
@Diana Watta,
Diana Watta wrote:

And if we wish to subtract?

T
K
O
djjd62

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2009 07:51 am
@Diest TKO,
Diest TKO wrote:

Diana Watta wrote:

And if we wish to subtract?

T
K
O

i think your trying to divide

1. Forums
  2. » Rules to live by
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 01:25:19