MISTAKEN POINT FOSSILS

Setanta

Reply Thu 24 Sep, 2009 05:34 pm
I just learned about this today from a story on the radio. This is very, very cool. There is a rock face in Newfoundland, at Mistaken Point, which is the largest assemblage of complex organism fossils in the world--and these fossils are Precambrian (which covers a multitude of chronological sins), dating back more than 500 million years. Here's a brief discussion of the fossil "bed" (it's actually on the exposed vertical face of a cliff) from a site at Queen's University. In the opening paragraph of that article there is a link to another page, which is also interesting, and also brief--but which has lots of great links. So if you got to Queen's page, click on that first link, and then you'll have access to lots of interesting reading.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 1,961 • Replies: 9
No top replies

panzade

Reply Thu 24 Sep, 2009 05:49 pm
fascinating stuff
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 24 Sep, 2009 05:51 pm
@Setanta,
Thank you for the heads up.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 24 Sep, 2009 05:51 pm
I hate interesting reading.
panzade

Reply Thu 24 Sep, 2009 06:02 pm
@dyslexia,
a fossil reading about fossils...hmmm...I get your point
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2009 11:16 am
Err this was in my inbox this morning from Set

Set wrote: Who gives **** what you do, clown? Don't threaten me.

Comment: Set with this hateful attitude like yours you can take those fossils and shove the where the sun don't shine. How do you like having your threads derailed you sad homophobe? If you can call me names well I can think of a few choice names for you too ok? You have been coming into my threads and defaming my character for many years Set. How about a taste of your own medicine? You come into my threads and insult me because you have such low self esteem that you can't stand it if these people you call your friends should talk to me... I'm sure your friends don't mind being associated with a homophobe with jealousy issues and an eating disorder.... I hope your ego can survive yourself. Does it make you feel good to pick on gays Set? Does it make you feel like a big man? And who gives "a" ****, and do you end all statements with a question mark? Maybe you should brush up on your grammar too and see a shrink about those hate issues of yours Set... I am not threatening you.. remember it was you who came into MY threads repeatedly and attacked my character... Now how about your character? Your character stinks, and who's the clown now?
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2009 11:19 am
Rex....

you do realize this **** is here forever, right?

at some point one might wonder that you will look back and have a similar opinion as to this behavior that the rest of us currently do...

ima go ahead and feel bad for you ahead of time, ok?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2009 11:34 am
Thanks for the info, set.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2009 11:59 am
You're welcome, EB . . . i love stuff like this.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2009 12:02 pm
nice

love this kind of stuff
0 Replies