Cheating husband: wear punishment sign in town centre

Reyn

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 08:37 am
I suppose, depending on who you are, this may be an effective deterent, but it seems like a bit of a whimpy punishment. What do you think? Would you be satisfied if your spouse agreed to do something like this in exchange for keeping a marriage together?
------------------------

Cheating husband forced to wear punishment sign in town centre

A wife took revenge on her husband after she discovered he was having an affair by making him stand in public with a sign saying "I cheated".

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01470/sign_1470863a.jpg
Unfaithful husband forced to wear sign saying "I cheated. This is my punishment".

William Taylor stood shamed faced on a busy road with the large home made sign draped round his neck saying: "I cheated. This is my punishment."

Taylor said his wife had come up with the humiliating punishment after she found out he had cheated on her.

The wife, who has not been named, found evidence of his affair on his mobile phone.

Taylor, of Centreville, Virginia, said his wife had wanted him to stand with the sign for a week.

But after a couple of hours he received a call to say his punishment was over.

He told a local TV station in Virginia that he thought his wife was joking when she suggested the idea.

"I thought she was kidding, but she was serious," he said. "I figured I got to do what I got to do to makes things right. So here I am."

Dozens of drivers honked their car horns as they saw Taylor standing forlornly on the busy intersection during the morning rush hour.

He began his punishment at 9am and two hours later received a call telling him he could return home.

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 08:49 am
@Reyn,
Clever punishment, but I question whether it would accomplish anything more than opening the man up to ridicule by his friends and neighbors.

Cheating is a serious marital infraction that needs to be resolved by the two individuals involved...........................not by the entire neighborhood.

Different cultures use either guilt (internal) or shame (external) to pull miscreants into line. I am curious as to the religious predispositions of this couple.
dyslexia

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 08:54 am
@Phoenix32890,
heterosexual marriages will be saved from these types of miscreants as long as gay marriages remain illegal.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 08:56 am
Now if the guy got some phone numbers during rush hour, I'd have some respect for him.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 09:03 am
I wouldn't just "cheat" on a wife like that, I'd leave her. Mind, he looks like a dork - I wonder how he got laid?

0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 09:04 am
The above photo is slightly misleading, as the sign hides the legal secretary going down on him.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 10:56 am
@Reyn,
This seems fake.
ebrown p

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 11:01 am
This marriage should be illegal.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 11:08 am
@Gala,
I don't think so: Punishment
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 11:17 am
@Gala,
Sorry, I forgot to include a link. Thanks, Francis. That was where it came from.

This sort of "punishment" will only work if the miscreant is willing to change and is sincere to do so.

His wife is obviously very forgiving, as he only did 2 hours, as opposed to a week.

For couples that want to stay together, how do you think they handle a situation such as this, as one of them is unfaithful to the other? How does such a marriage survive? Certainly, trust must be rebuilt.
ebrown p

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 11:19 am
@Reyn,
Quote:

His wife is obviously very forgiving, as he only did 2 hours, as opposed to a week.

This is the most ridiculous thing I have read today.

The marriage is doomed, this woman is just looking for vengeance. How could this marriage of queen to disloyal subject ever work (unless its some sort of domination thing)?

It always amazes me that people can make revenge, the basest of human emotions, somehow seem noble.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 11:27 am
A question for whoever wants to defend this wife...

If the roles were reversed... and it was a man making his wife humiliate herself with a placard describing her sin, would you feel the same way?

((I think this wife's behavior is despicable and would feel the same way if it were a husband humiliating his wife)).
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 12:49 pm
It could have been worse. This story was linked on the same page:

Spurned wife set fire to the home of love rival after discovering doctor husband's affair
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 12:57 pm
@Reyn,
I don't know the answer to how the marriage survives-- I think in the olden days women didn't were totally dependent on their husbands. so they had no choice. women have way more power now, so it truly would take a lot to mend the hurt.

I tend to believe once the trust is broken, it can never be fixed.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Cheating husband: wear punishment sign in town centre
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 08:30:28