Is religion become bussiness

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2009 09:30 am
Don't get me wrong, I believe in God. But more and m0re churches are looking like country clubs.
I'm not just talking about the T.V. evangilists who do nothing but ask for your money, but I noticed something when I went to a Barnes and Noble or a Books a Million. Every topic had at least one maybe two aisles. Christian fiction and like topics had at least four aisles, maybe five.
I'm sure christian music is multi-million dollar industry. I read somewhere and it stuck with me. It said religion started in the middle east as an idea went to Europe and became law came to the U.S. and became big business.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 618 • Replies: 4

rosborne979

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2009 11:09 am
@g7yarbro,
I would say Religion has been a business ever since it started thousands of years ago.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2009 12:06 pm
@g7yarbro,
Wasn't for religion, people who become ministers and priests would have to find actual jobs. With religion, the superstitious masses support them. It's a good deal.

Don't get me wrong, I believe in God. But I totally agree with Rosborne. Religion has always been a business. That's how otherwise helpless and incompetent hunter-getherers became powerful and well-to-do priests.
rosborne979

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2009 12:08 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Merry Andrew wrote:
Religion has always been a business. That's how otherwise helpless and incompetent hunter-getherers became powerful and well-to-do priests.

Hehehe, the cunning devils Wink (and they're still at it today)
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2009 12:23 pm
MA wrote:
Don't get me wrong..

Why would I get you wrong?
0 Replies