Another fragile singer - dude looks like a lady

Linkat

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2009 01:20 pm
My goodness - I did not recognize him - it is a wonder if he can stand much less perform in concert - seems he has more issues than just falling off the stage.

http://www.boston.com/ae/celebrity/more_names/blog/littleold.jpg

I thought he was a little old fragile lady.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 8 • Views: 1,405 • Replies: 13
No top replies

aidan

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2009 01:33 pm
@Linkat,
Even his lips have shrunk...he's done drugs for a lot of years...I guess that takes its toll.

But he's like in his sixties anyway - Mick Jagger and the Stones just walked off a job in Wales because they're all over sixty and that means by law there have to be handrails on the steps and he found that offensive so he's not gonna do the concert.

I keep asking myself - who's here to take these guys' places...no one. We'll all be grieving in the next ten years or so, as we lose one after another of the great ones. Whatever else you say about Steven Tyler - he is an original. I've always enjoyed watching him.
Linkat

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2009 01:39 pm
@aidan,
I love steven tyler - it was just when I saw this picture I thought it was some old lady.
Green Witch

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2009 02:17 pm
@Linkat,
CNN claims this picture was taken three weeks before his accident. I think your picture is more likely the truth considering he's a little over 60, although he looks androgynous in both.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/08/14/aerosmith.tour.canceled/art.steven.tyler.gi.jpg
sozobe

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2009 02:21 pm
@Green Witch,
I can see those being the same person/ same time -- the main differences are the expression (that's a pretty insipid smile in Linkat's pic), the hair (rockstar loose vs. ponytail) and the neck (front and center in Linkat's pic, shaded/ chopped in GW's).
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2009 02:22 pm
@Green Witch,
Right - this is more likely 3 decades before his accident.
Green Witch

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2009 02:34 pm
@Linkat,
A little Photoshop can go a long way...
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2009 03:38 pm
He can still sing though. This is my fav....

Armageddon Tribute -Miss A Thing- by charmedengel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvakDqzTd1Q&feature=related
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2009 07:49 pm
Sorry, sorry -- but why the hell is his right hand all blurry?

I honestly can't see anything but that blurry hand. There's a huge depth of field in the photo but that hand is all blurry. It makes me crazy.

But yeah, totally, dude looks like a lady.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2009 08:26 pm
I look like that when I dont go out with makeup on, and dont brush my hair.

eh. hes human.

and I would totally hop in bed with him.
For the love of............ ohhhhhh.. yeah.. I would. Smile
Linkat

Reply Tue 18 Aug, 2009 09:25 am
@shewolfnm,
You would sleep with a little old lady?

Yep picture sure didn't catch him at his best. Should have chosen something different than those glasses.
mismi

Reply Tue 18 Aug, 2009 09:35 am
@Linkat,
The glasses are goofy - and he does look frail. And I am sure he would look better if his hair were down and well...shoot - he's in his 60's - he's an icon. I love him.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 18 Aug, 2009 09:37 am
@Linkat,
What's with the eyeglasses in his hand? Think those giant gold things were at the truck stop and he tried them on for the picture?
Linkat

Reply Tue 18 Aug, 2009 09:42 am
@sozobe,
I believe this was actually taken in a local (local for me any way as he lives in south shore of Boston) liquor store buying some booze. There is a utube thing on it as well - I didn't post it because it wasn't too clear - but here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gADLBlVmp9U&feature=Responses&parent_video=-uXRTWuk3XM&index=0&playnext=1&playnext_from=RL
0 Replies