Suggestions, anyone? I was going to drive up the country today ....

msolga

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 06:57 pm
....to visit my mother. But the weather forecast has rather put me off!

Wild winds expected. Getting nasty now, & much worse as the day progresses, apparently.

Do I fancy 5/6 hours (there & back) battling the elements in my little car? I don't think so ... Next weekend is looking good!

So here I am, at a lose end .... dishes washed, house cleaned up (sorta), all dressed up & suddenly nowhere to go. Neutral

Any exciting suggestions as how I might spend my newly acquired free day in windy Melbourne?

Keep them clean, please! Wink

msolga

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 07:00 pm
@msolga,
Of course, I will do the obvious thing, at some stage during the day, which any girl would do in this predicament: I will invest in some new jewelery! Very Happy
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 07:00 pm
@msolga,
Window shopping in a posh shopping area, with a break for tea and a biccy somewhere outrageously expensive if you were going to have FOOD.

You look good, might as well take advantage of it. Take a fancy book to put on the table while you're having your tea.
msolga

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 07:02 pm
@ehBeth,
Good, good, ehBeth!

Your suggestions will be seriously considered, for sure! Smile
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 07:07 pm
No other ideas? Surprised

But folks, I was counting on you!
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 07:09 pm
@msolga,
Don't go.
Clean a bit more of the house.
Cook something that will give your place a fragrance appropriate for a winter day in Melbourne.
Take a nap.
Call someone you haven't spoken to in a long time.
Tell us on A2K a story. Your choice of topic.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 07:11 pm
@realjohnboy,
Cook and clean? you are a redneck, arncha

oh my. City grrrls are different, rjb. We like to perfoom ourselves, look around to see who's admiring us, offer a lil Mona Lisa smile, and sashay on by.

Mebbe later the city grrrl will tell you a story.
msolga

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 07:12 pm
@realjohnboy,
Thank you RJB!

I like all of those APART from the bit about more yet house cleaning! (I got up early to was the dishes, etc, before heading off. I reckon that's enough cleaning up for today! Smile )
msolga

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 07:15 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
oh my. City grrrls are different, rjb. We like to perfoom ourselves, look around to see who's admiring us, offer a lil Mona Lisa smile, and sashay on by.

Yeah, that's us, ehBeth! Smile

However I prefer my sashaying minus the high high heels! Wouldn't want to have a nasty accident while sashaying about, would I? Wink
ehBeth

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 07:18 pm
@msolga,
Take bellydancing classes - you won't need heels to sashay at all.

Just gotta learn to embrace your jiggle and sway Cool
msolga

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 07:19 pm
@ehBeth,
Another good idea! (Yes!)

But can't be arranged for today, I'm afraid!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 07:22 pm
To encourage those of you who are holding back on the suggestions ....

I will be using the "SELECT ANSWER" thingy in response to the most interesting suggestion!
Just something for you all to keep in mind.... Wink
msolga

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 07:36 pm
@msolga,
Looks like I can't even bribe any of the rest of you to post your suggestions. Oh well ... Sad

Thanks for yours, RJB & ehBeth! Smile
ossobuco

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 07:39 pm
@msolga,
I'd probably do a used book store culling, after a cappuccino (whatever you like) stop. Some city walks in between those. Finally, a truly great lunch. And then, and then, a trip to the jewelry store.

I still remember one day, back when I was a consultant for the woman who later became a business partner... we were done with our site visit on some job. Going back to the office involved driving through west hollywood/beverly hills.
I knew a neat italian restaurant on a second floor, since my italian teacher had arranged for a class to go there. So, we went there.

Walking into the restaurant from the entry involved passing a jewelry store - not a really high end place, but good. We had a great lunch. And, yes, both spent way too much at the jewelry store afterwards. I doubt we mentioned the prices to our husbands. Well, we were both the main money earners in the relationships, for varied reasons.

I still have those earrings...

I don't think we got much work done once we got back to the office. Checked the cats' dishes, answered phone calls. Went to our homes. A good day.
Joeblow

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 07:43 pm
@msolga,
Waitaminutewaitaminute. Don't be so hasty! Lemme think a sec.
Joeblow

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 07:44 pm
@Joeblow,
First answer zee question.

Will you be alone on your adventure?
ossobuco

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 07:44 pm
@ossobuco,
In contrast to that, my favorite jewelry store was named Reckless Woman. It was on the Venice Beach ocean front walk. There was this whole wall of dangly earrings for $1.00, and many fabulous bracelets adorned the cash register counter. Then there were the necklaces...

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 07:47 pm
@msolga,
One of the quirkiest things I have done: I was in Montreal on a cold, dreary, weekend day with absolutely nothing to do. I filled my pockets with 25 cent pieces and rode the city buses for 6 hours. I had a map of the bus routes and I got off of one and on to another, pumping coins into the fare box. I was warm and dry and safe and I saw a whole bunch of Montreal that, I suspect, many visitors have never seen.
How much of Melbourne have you ever actually been to?
ossobuco

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 07:51 pm
@realjohnboy,
I remember you did that with Chicago too..
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 07:55 pm
@Joeblow,
I may well be alone, Joe. The friend I canceled lunch (today) with, so I could head off to the country & see my mother instead Rolling Eyes , is not contactable, apparently. Something is wrong with her cell phone & I can't get through.

1. Forums
  2. » Suggestions, anyone? I was going to drive up the country today ....
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 12:49:43