Sad To Say, Things Are Progressing EXACTLY As I Said They Woul;d

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 12:57 pm
The republicans are on a mission to sink Obama no matter what...no matter what's good for the country and what isn't.... and he isn't experienced or tough enough to swim with the sharks. This is what I said during the primaries and why I supported Hillary and this is exactly what has happened. Things would be way more under control if Hillary were President.

The Repubs will bring Obama down, then win the 2012 election and then screw things up so badly we will never be a major power again.

djjd62

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 01:00 pm
just think, with any luck the mayans will be right, and the democrats will get to go out on top
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 01:02 pm
glass half full... good work Wink
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 01:03 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

The republicans are on a mission to sink Obama no matter what...no matter what's good for the country and what isn't.... and he isn't experienced or tough enough to swim with the sharks. This is what I said during the primaries and why I supported Hillary and this is exactly what has happened. Things would be way more under control if Hillary were President.

Yeah, she's doing a great job of keeping herself in control; did you see the clip of her the other day blowing up at a guy?

Quote:
The Repubs will bring Obama down, then win the 2012 election and then screw things up so badly we will never be a major power again.

We'll see; the game ain't over yet.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 01:05 pm
I don't blame her in the least for her response... it was appropriate considering it was mis translated to her...we could use someone in the White House with some balls right now... maybe this kill grandma bullshit would be nipped in the bud if Obama said "I'm in charge, I have the votes and we're doing what I want and **** you if you don't like it. "
wandeljw

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 01:35 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

I don't blame her in the least for her response... it was appropriate considering it was mis translated to her...we could use someone in the White House with some balls right now...

The problem with this, as Stephen Colbert pointed out about Nancy Pelosi, "No Balls!"
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 01:36 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Seriously, are you serious? She couldn't even keep her own campaign under control. And there are many, many people full of Hillary-hate. The people who didn't want a librul in the White House would be pissed off either way.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 02:04 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
I have to say I agree with Bi-Polar Bear.

After his Supreme Court nominee went down in flames-- the embarrassing inability to get a stimulus package through-- the rejection on the international stage-- the laughable failure speaking to the Middle East heck, he couldn't even the the Lilly Leadbetter act passed.

I don't think the race riots are his fault though.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 02:19 pm
sarcasm noted... time will tell
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 03:46 pm
Actually I just felt like stirring the pot.... I'm totally unconcerned about healthcare...if I get sick I'll go to the emergency room or the hospital. when the bill comes I'll pay what I can when and if I can and ****'em. I and everyone else are already paying and paying for subsidized healthcare so I'm just not going to bother with health insurance anymore... I've been raped by the insurance and healthcare industry for years and now it's payback time.... when considering one for credit, most companies take medical collections with a grain of salt if your other credit is in line and I have virtually everything I want anyway.

Might as well work the systemn while there's still a system to work/

btw ebrown, I give Obama a "C" so far and would jump over a million McCain/Palins to get to him, and I like him, but I still think and always will that Hillary would have been better.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 03:49 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Quote:
"I'm in charge, I have the votes and we're doing what I want and **** you if you don't like it. " --- BiPo's Dream Obama

Quote:
I expect to be held responsible for these issues because I'm the President. But I don't want the folks who created the mess -- I don't want the folks who created the mess do a lot of talking. I want them just to get out of the way so we can clean up the mess. I don't mind cleaning up after them, but don't do a lot of talking. --- Actual Obama

If he has the votes, why aren't we doing what he wants?
contrex

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 03:58 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
BpB wrote:
we will never be a major power again.

From the perspective of us "rest of the world" folks, that is not necessarily a bad thing.

Just think, if Stephen Hawking had not been an American, he might be alive today!

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 04:01 pm
I think being a major power is overrated.
I have friends in Norway who are prosperous and happy and cool , and then there's urs53... totally cool and I don't think Norway is a major power is it? Germany maybe, but not a superpower. I'd just as soon be happy and content and let the rest of the world act like assholes if that's what they prefer.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 04:01 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Quote:
"I'm in charge, I have the votes and we're doing what I want and **** you if you don't like it. " --- BiPo's Dream Obama

Quote:
I expect to be held responsible for these issues because I'm the President. But I don't want the folks who created the mess -- I don't want the folks who created the mess do a lot of talking. I want them just to get out of the way so we can clean up the mess. I don't mind cleaning up after them, but don't do a lot of talking. --- Actual Obama

If he has the votes, why aren't we doing what he wants?

because he has power, but power is uselelss if you don't use it.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 04:21 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
And you were ultimately OK with everything Bush and the Republicans did when they had power and used it?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 04:54 pm
not in the least.....
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 05:03 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
I've no doubt you were not OK with what they did, but it would seem to follow that if you think that Obama should use his power to do whatever he wants, and the hell with the naysayers, then you would think the same action by anyone in power is inherently acceptable.

Unless of course you only think it's a good thing for the president to use his power to ram things down our throats if you happen to agree with him.

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 05:06 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
if you disagree with me.... of course.
mysteryman

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 07:53 pm
@contrex,
Quote:
Just think, if Stephen Hawking had not been an American, he might be alive today!

As far as I know he is still alive.
But since he had ALS (Lou Gehrigs disease), and since there is no known cure ANYWHERE in the world, exactly what would be different if he wasnt an American?
ebrown p

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 07:57 pm
@mysteryman,
Yes mysteryman. That is why it is so funny. Let me spell it out for you.

The conservative commentator when arguing against the Health Care reform efforts currently being made in the US made this argument; that England's public health care system was so evil, that under it Steven Hawking would never have survived.

The joke is how lame this argument was... given that Steven Hawking has survived when he has lived all his life, in England, with socialized health care.

Get it?

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2009/8/10/133411/776