Sad To Say, Things Are Progressing EXACTLY As I Said They Woul;d

mysteryman

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 08:03 pm
@ebrown p,
So are you saying that he wouldnt be alive if he lived in the US?
Setanta

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 08:14 pm
"He's got the votes" is so much horseshit. Neither Republican presidents with a Republican Congress, nor Democratic presidents with a Democratic Congress can rely on people voting lock-step with their party. Members of Congress vote what their instincts tell them the constituents of their district want, and the president be damned. In Westminster style parliamentary governments, the member of a party had to vote the party line, or they can be expelled, and they can be expelled for other reasons, too--it's happened recently in Canada, for example. It doesn't work that way in the United States. If a Republican or a Democrat votes in a manner that alienates the party leadership, all that can be done is to run someone else from the party against them in the primary, and hope your boy wins.

Anyone who thinks presidents can control congressional votes is living in dream land.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 09:20 pm
@mysteryman,
Quote:

No. I am not saying that. I am merely having fun with the idiocy of conservative arguments.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 10:45 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

if you disagree with me.... of course.

As I thought.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2009 12:26 am
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:
Re: mysteryman (Post 3733479)
Quote:

No. I am not saying that. I am merely having fun with the idiocy of conservative arguments.

The trouble is, those arguments, although idiotic, are heard by even more idiotic listeners. There are dozens of people in Britain with Motor Neurone Disease (American name: "Lou Gehrig's disease") and they all owe their lives, rich or poor, to the NHS. This one single boob by US rightwingers has done a very great deal to 1. rally British people, left and right, around our beloved NHS, and 2. Show us what idiotic, cynical, lying nut jobs some Americans can be.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2009 12:30 am
@contrex,
Quote:
Show us what idiotic, cynical, lying nut jobs some Americans can be.

Rich, very rich.
contrex

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2009 12:42 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Rich, very rich.

The truth hurts, doesn't it?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2009 01:38 pm
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:

I have to say I agree with Bi-Polar Bear.

After his Supreme Court nominee went down in flames-- the embarrassing inability to get a stimulus package through-- the rejection on the international stage-- the laughable failure speaking to the Middle East heck, he couldn't even the the Lilly Leadbetter act passed.

I don't think the race riots are his fault though.

His supreme court nominee required no real work.... the stimulus package was already pre approved in reality.... the international stage would have welcomed alfred E. Newman following bush.... his pseech making is top notch.

but now what's happening with one, seriously important issue that he's meeting real resistance on? Rhetorical question, you read as well as I do.

I like Obama, but he's lying down on the most importantr domestic issue of our time ans sinking his party and we who elected him in the process.
ebrown p

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2009 02:15 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
You want to argue that Hillary Clinton would have been more effective than Barack Obama....

And the issue you choose to make this point --- getting a health care bill passed?

Now that's funny!
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2009 02:19 pm
Isn't there something called "lifetime maximum coverage" which some severe ill people can easily exceed .... even before the age of 15?

At least that's is written in this comment.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2009 02:36 pm
@ebrown p,
I submit that she is older, wiser and more experienced now and has learned from past mistakes which she would not have repeated...you have the president you wanted...but I don't think he'll produce on healthcare as you wished... let's see how he does... I still think he was the better candidate....of the two who ended up with the nominations...
0 Replies