fisher fly

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2009 02:27 pm
I am trying to show my husband a picture if an insect I caught twice and i can't find it anywhere on the Web. I believe it's called a Fisher or Fischer fly? I'ts about 7 or 8 inches long, flies, and has 2 very long and thick in diameter antennae or mandibles. Do you know what this is and do you have a photo?
Thsnk you,
Susan Hardt
Benbrook, TX
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,820 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2009 04:54 pm
This is what I found when I Googled "Fisher Fly":
0 Replies
Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2009 08:16 pm
Is this it?

These things aren't quite 7" long, but they LOOK pretty long and impressive, especially with those big mandibles.
0 Replies

Related Topics

New A2K Bugs - Discussion by sozobe
What is this? - Question by epicrae
Please identify this bug - Question by CarsonGaines
Which order are them? - Question by mzl
Golden lady beetle central QLD - Question by cmcanham
Guest in a soup - Question by zukosoczek
what is this? - Question by kyrun
  1. Forums
  2. » fisher fly
Copyright © 2023 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 02/08/2023 at 06:05:35