Sham Wow, I need this asap

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 11:32 am
Inner Four Inc., a Tampa, Fla., company that has 150 programs in Apple's App Store, usually devotes a couple of months to create a major app. But its biggest success so far has been one that one engineer spent just one hour on.
The ad-supported free app, called Mirror Free, is essentially a black empty screen framed by a picture frame. If a user peers closely into it, the reflection off the screen can create an effect like a mirror. By Inner Four co-founder John Swartz's own admission the app “doesn't do anything.” But the app has been a breakaway hit, dominating the top spot in the App Store's free app rankings for the better part of last week.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,784 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 12:17 pm
I remember when I first saw this class of mobile app, it was for one of the first Palm Pilots, and back then the screen wasn't very shiny at all.

This isn't much different than the "flashlight" apps, all those ones do is make the screen white instead of black.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 04:52 pm
@dyslexia,
Selling stuff for 99cents is going to be the new millionaire maker for the 21'st century. People will buy almost anything if it's less than a dollar.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 05:10 pm
@dyslexia,
Cashing in on the narcissism of iPhone owners. Brilliant!
dyslexia

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 05:29 pm
@DrewDad,
yeah, I can't believe I don't have an iphone. I bought my first mp3 player last month and just figured out how to use it yesterday.
roger

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 06:21 pm
@dyslexia,
Congradulations. Maybe I can track down the time someone was called an idiot for asking about the volumn control.
roger

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 06:24 pm
@roger,
http://able2know.org/topic/129219-1

Here you go. Maybe you can tell them how to do it, assuming they have a similar model.

The last answer came from exactly the moron I thought it was.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 06:29 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Congradulations. Maybe I can track down the time someone was called an idiot for asking about the volumn control.
after you left on wed, I took your advice and googled it and found the volume control, it is not a button or slide or switch, you simply place your finger in the face and draw a cirle (clockwise=volume up/counter clockwise-volume down)
roger

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 07:38 pm
@dyslexia,
Well, geeze Bob! A five year old could have told you that. Don't you have any 5 year old neighbors?

You're kidding? You put your finger on the face and draw a circle, and that obscure bit of knowledge wasn't included in the instructions?
dyslexia

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 07:44 pm
@roger,
I did ask a five year old and she told me "What an idiot".
roger

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 07:45 pm
@dyslexia,
That was the referenced post on a2k?
margo

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 09:01 pm
dys - I had exactly the same problem!

Solved eventually by trial and error, with significant swearing accompaniment!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 06:46 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

That was the referenced post on a2k?
yeah
0 Replies