Do you think mexico can win "their" drug war?

OGIONIK

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 12:46 pm
I have serious doubts. They arent prepared or financed enough IMO to deal with a an enemy who can easily engage in guerilla tactics or switch it up and attack military bases directly..

And they are protected by the citizens.

:/

I see mexico collapsing, and i think america would be happy to take over..
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 1,340 • Replies: 15
No top replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 12:56 pm
You don't know very much about Mexico, do you.
OGIONIK

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 01:06 pm
@ebrown p,
i know what is happening there.

they cant win,they will annihilate themselves trying to win.

he offered a peace treaty but they refused, will they give up later on?

how long will people be willing to join the police and military knowing they might get captured tortured and then killed?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 01:10 pm
We would all win if dumbass Americans would stop buying illegal drugs. Every penny of drug money goes to making cruel, evil people rich and poor people more miserable.
OGIONIK

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 01:18 pm
@Green Witch,
not a realistic option.

well, if we made all drugs lega, we would "INSTANTANEOUSLY destroy the illegal drug black market. cartels would dissappear in a matter of months.

(60% of their profits are from marijauna!)

I have to state that continuing this failed war is akin to supporting the cartels, *directly* supporting the cartels.

we are financing terrorists with our stupidity.

one has to ask, dot hey have connections in our government?

why continue on such an obviously flawed policy when it inherently creates entities like cartels/gangs and further puts our citizens as well sas other countries at risk?

if we wont change the law, we are supporting them. period. we want them there, or else we would *try* to get rid of them, which we arent. its like a smoker complaining about lung cancer.

only way i can explain it.
ebrown p

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 01:26 pm
@OGIONIK,
Quote:

well, if we made all drugs lega, we would "INSTANTANEOUSLY destroy the illegal drug black market. cartels would dissappear in a matter of months.

Oh... I was wondering what this was about.

I thought you were talking about the real Mexico, the country just south of the United States. I have friends and family in the real Mexico raising kids and doing business-- in fact I was there just a few months ago.

What confused me is that there is some violence from drug cartels in Mexico that is particularly bad of late... this made me think you were talking about the real Mexico (although the real Mexico is in no danger of collapsing). You ranting about "the enemy" and even referring to "him" as a person (as if there is a single person causing the problem) really threw me off.

But now I understand... you are creating a sensationalized fictional Mexico in order to support your crusade to legalize drugs.

That makes perfect sense.

OGIONIK

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 01:30 pm
@ebrown p,
no dumbass.

our money funds cartels.

cartels destroy mexico.

im pretty sure we are indirectly/directly funding the destruction of mexico.

60%!!!!!!! from WEED? i mean, lets make all durgs illegal then for fucks sake, alcohol is bad, lets enact the legislation already.

thats what i thought. our stupidity is destroying mexico. they cant win this ****. they are fighting an enemy with no borders and no laws..

crusade? if common sense is a crusade, im on board all the way.

OGIONIK

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 01:32 pm
@OGIONIK,
by he i meant Servando Gomez.

jeez, i thought I didnt know what was going on, you would know thats what i was talking about if you all "knew" so much. hah. meh..
Green Witch

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 01:35 pm
@OGIONIK,
I would love for people like you to start paying taxes on the drugs you buy. Of course, when you OD or get sick from the abuse the financial and social cost to save you will fall back to people like me. The only solution is for people to grow up and stop trying to drug themselves into happiness. History proves it doesn't work. In the meantime, buying illegal drugs is the best way to donate to some of the creepiest people on earth. I don't like drug wars anymore than any other tax payer, but the buyers are by far the bigger problem than the drug lords. Anyone who understands what drug abuse does to individuals, their families and society as a whole doesn't want the poison around- legal or illegal.

OGIONIK

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 01:39 pm
@OGIONIK,
then why havent they made a dent yet?

arresting people wont work, people come up in rank and take over, a new leader, like servando, the one that just had them attack a MILITARY BASE?

unless they are exaggerating, and by base they meant some sort of roadblock ish type outpost thing..

perhaps. i dont know if you understand how things workt here.

police action> cartel reaction> police action> cartel reaction

are they gonna go thru that forever? is america , oh wait yeah america would just intervene so yeah mexico couldnt collapse per se..

government only exists with consent of the governed, when noone wants to be a police officer there ARE NO MORE POLICE OFFICERS.

it starts in the remote areas wheres its easier to intimidate the police. when noone will police those areas, the cartel is now in control.

if they are going to stop them, why havent they?

are they waiting to lay down the "big hand"?

they got the nut flush or what?

why cant they get **** in control?

there has been an increase in the price of drugs lately, which will only create a bigger market, which leads to u guessed it, more cartels. there was an increase int he price of coke a few years ago, and a few months later the price of an eightball was like 60 bucks, down from 110 ish.

i dont know, maybe mexico has everything under control...

they are just, umm, waiting around for a big strike or something.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 01:42 pm
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:

I would love for people like you to start paying taxes on the drugs you buy. Of course, when you OD or get sick from the abuse the financial and social cost to save you will fall back to people like me. The only solution is for people to grow up and stop trying to drug themselves into happiness. History proves it doesn't work. In the meantime, buying illegal drugs is the best way to donate to some of the creepiest people on earth. I don't like drug wars anymore than any other tax payer, but the buyers are by far the bigger problem than the drug lords. Anyone who understands what drug abuse does to individuals, their families and society as a whole doesn't want the poison around- legal or illegal.

you assume of course, that i have no control of engaging in pleasurable activities.

i dont even drink that much anymore, i barely even smoke weed.

i dont WANT to do drugs, i could have done coke a few weeks back, they had fishscales, but i was like naw..

sorry, not everyone abuses drugs, in fact MOST people dont.

i could see doing it on my bday or new years. and people still do it, u pay the cost no matter what, only the government makes no tax money!
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 01:52 pm
@OGIONIK,
No need for personal attacks.

I am simply explaining that for those of us who have a clue-- i.e. those who have actually have been to Mexico recently, your ranting is a bit extreme.

(not that you can't get a perfectly good picture of what is going on from Fox nightly news)

OGIONIK

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 02:01 pm
@ebrown p,
who watches fox anyways?

my opinion can be skewed, i know two families who are part of cartels.

meh.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 02:21 pm
@OGIONIK,
I don't think drug wars are winnable at all, by anyone. The more you try to suppress drugs, the higher their price goes and the more profitable it becomes for people to grow/sell them. And profits are converted into armament which translates to power. This is like fighting The Hulk, the harder you fight, the stronger he gets.
OGIONIK

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 03:24 pm
@rosborne979,
exactly!

the american drug market will not stop consuming drugs, that means they wotn stop buying them, which means people wont stop selling them!

how can mexico wint his? our drug market is probablly more than their GDP..

ima go check..
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 04:05 pm
Mexico doesn't have a drug problem. WE DO! The problem is, we want Mexico and every other country in the world to do what we fail to do ourselves which is stop the flow of drugs coming into our country. As long as there's a demand there will be a supply. It's the simplest of economics.
0 Replies