moonlanding controversy

Ragman

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2017 08:42 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

My grandma maintained that the landing was a staged in Hollywood hoax. Who am I to contradict Grandma?

Wasn't she the same lady who also bragged about how well-behaved her grandson was?
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2017 10:17 am
@Ragman,
That was my other grandma. She was amazed that I did not grow up to become a minister.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2020 08:42 am
@KiwiChic,
KiwiChic wrote:

...then we see the USA flag flapping in the wind?

If you're still there, had you been alive when Apollo 11 landed on the Moon, you would know that the flag has a metal spine which makes it appear to wave in the non-existent wind.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2020 08:47 am
Anyway, we're going back. The Artemis program has the goal of resuming the human presence on the Moon, specifically at the lunar south pole region by 2024. The program is carried out predominantly by NASA, but includes contributions from international partners such as the European Space Agency (ESA), the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA), Canadian Space Agency (CSA), the Italian Space Agency (ASI)[6] and the Australian Space Agency (ASA). The long-term goal is establishing a sustainable presence on the Moon, laying the foundation for private companies to build a lunar economy, and eventually sending humans to Mars. In December 2017, President Donald Trump signed Space Policy Directive 1, authorizing the lunar campaign. Artemis utilizes ongoing spacecraft programs including Orion, the Gateway, and Commercial Lunar Payload Services, and adds a new crewed lander.
0 Replies