tattoo questions

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2009 11:56 am
I am 16 and I always wanted a tattoo ever since I turned 14, saw this guy with this really cool tattoo of a blue star on his back hip. I really don't wanna wait but I don't know anywhere in NYC that do underage tattoos.
Anyways, here is a picture of what I want:
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn260/fuyu1993/118bae2efa9.jpg

I have some questions:
1. How much does it hurt to get it done on ur back hip on a scale of 1-10?
2. What's the average price of a small star with color on the back hip ?
3. What does everyone think about that particular tattoo?
4. What's the downside of a tattoo?

Sorry I have so many questions lol.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 2,548 • Replies: 7
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2009 12:02 pm
I have had a tattoo on my ass for almost 30 years. My girlfriend just got one done.

1. How much does it hurt to get it done on ur back hip on a scale of 1-10?

I'd give it a four. The ass doesn't hurt as much as the arm.

2. What's the average price of a small star with color on the back hip ?

It varies by state but the minimum here in CA is around $80.

3. What does everyone think about that particular tattoo?

I suppose it does what tattoos are supposed to do.

4. What's the downside of a tattoo?

You will have it the rest of your life. I know a man who spent $4000 trying to have his removed and you could still see it. Later in life you may regret having it. I would love to have mine removed.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2009 02:33 pm
@fuyu1993,
Uh, I don't think I'd refer to that general area as the "back hip." Looks to be more in the upper butt region, which might make it rather awkward to show off your tattoo to your mom. And you don't want to get the same tattoo as someone else. Instead of a blue star, I recommend a green clover or a yellow moon -- in fact, anything from the "Lucky Charms Selection" would be a good choice.

That being said, it should be remembered that tattoos, especially those that you get when you're underaged, are god's way of reminding you as you mature into your later years that you were once young and extremely foolish. I say "go for it!"
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2009 08:02 pm
Downsides?

You may meet someone that doesn't care for it.

You may regret putting something tacky like a tatto on your fine just as it is body.

Personally, I've never seen a tatto on a female that I thought looked good, and I've been no more than disinterested when they are on a man. My husband has I think three. I'm not even sure because I don't notice them. He got them before we met, and if he wanted another one I'd discourage it.

If you want a tatto that badly, mark this date on a calendar, wait 5 years, then decide if you still want that same tatto in the same place.

My personal opinion is a tatto would do nothing but take away from your good looks.
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2009 08:29 pm
My opinion is ...you are too young, wait a while.

I have a pet hate for tattoos that are plastered on all over the body that dont even match..'graffiti tatts' just look like a flamin mess.
If you are going to tattoo yourself eventually ...decide what you want very carefully because you have it for life, its not like you can wash it off if you dont like it.
Depending on the scale of the tattoo, of course its going to hurt, the thicker it is the more uncomfortable it will feel. As for that star tatt in that photo, it looks very girly for a guy.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2009 08:52 pm
It's your body and there are worse ways you could be having fun with it. I have 5 tattoos and am planning a new one.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2009 08:56 pm
that tattoo is such a "fad" look to it.

frankly, it belongs on a gay boys ass.. They fall for the fad of the minute faster then my pants at a strip club

seriously.
if you are going to get a tattoo, get something that interests you and doesnt just state that you follow the current style.
In a few years , a blue star will look... well.. stupid.. like it does now.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2009 10:32 pm
I love tattoos, even on chicks, in fact my wife has one. I think that you should wait until you are 18-19, and then start. Use the time to think about what it is that you want to do with the canvas (your skin). While cheesy immature tats can to some extend be fixed latter in life by covering them with a new tattoo, you will be very limited in what kind of cover-up will work. If you are going to do this then for fucks sakes do it right.

When you do do the work, get stuff that means something to you, not stuff that you thought looked cool on some guy. At least to start get tats that can be easily covered up with cloths on the job.... don't jump into the deep end right off, there is plenty of time for that latter. Don't worry about whether family or future potential friends/intimates will react negatively, if they can't accept you for who you are then **** them. If you do this, make sure you get good quality work, and then take care of it.
0 Replies