Supreme Court decides Ricci Case

revel

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 06:46 am
@ebrown p,
ebrown, I respect your opinion and I agree that having women and other minorities serve on the courts is beneficial to us all.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 06:51 am
@ABE5177,

Quote:
Affirmative action is racism pure and simple

Agreed!
ebrown p

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 06:54 am
@H2O MAN,
Quote:

Quote:

Agreed!

So why don't you support it then, H2OMan?
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 06:58 am
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Agreed!

So why don't you support it then, H2OMan?

Unlike you, I refuse to support racism in any form.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 08:07 am
In his confirmation hearings, Alito pointed to the fact that he had kids, and this fact would help him on the bench. So an Hispanic woman brings something of value to the bench.

Regarding affirmative action, everyone should guaranteed equal opportunity, but not equal success.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 08:34 am
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:

Regarding affirmative action, everyone should guaranteed equal opportunity, but not equal success.

US citizens share an equal opportunity to succeed or fail on their own individual merits.
It is the US government that removes this shared equal opportunity.
ebrown p

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 09:40 am
@H2O MAN,
Quote:

US citizens share an equal opportunity to succeed or fail on their own individual merits. It is the US government that removes this shared equal opportunity.

Exactly... and this is why racial equality and fairness was the norm until the US government got involved in the 1960s.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 09:42 am
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:

Quote:

US citizens share an equal opportunity to succeed or fail on their own individual merits. It is the US government that removes this shared equal opportunity.

Exactly... and this is why racial equality and fairness was the norm until the US government got involved in the 1960s.

If you say so...
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 03:39 pm
@Debra Law,
Well Debra,
I havent responded before now because my computer crashed.

Regarding Pat Buchanan, if he was to say it was daylight outside I would go outside and check for myself.
Pat Buchanan is an idiot (IMHO), and nothing he says is relevant to anything, nor is it worthy of any type of response.

If you want me to say that I disagree with him, thats fine.

I DISAGREE WITH EVERYTHING PAT BUCHANAN SAYS!!!
Is that satisfactory to you?
panzade

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 03:41 pm
@revel,
Quote:
ebrown, I respect your opinion and I agree that having women and other minorities serve on the courts is beneficial to us all.

something one doesn't see a lot of: a class-act post
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 03:42 pm
@mysteryman,
I don't see you as a typical conservative, Mysteryman. And that is about the nicest compliment I have given anyone on A2K.

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 03:45 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

Regarding Pat Buchanan, if he was to say it was daylight outside I would go outside and check for myself.
Pat Buchanan is an idiot (IMHO), and nothing he says is relevant to anything, nor is it worthy of any type of response.

Agreed.

ABE5177

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 11:58 am
@JTT,
JTT, there's NO "staff members" and NO "admittance office " deciding ANY affirmative action policuy
Quote:
And you know this to be factual, ,,? Are you a staff member of that university's admittance office?.

Whatever school YOU went to wasn't a university in the US, why comment on things you don't KNOW?
0 Replies

ABE5177

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm
@H2O MAN,
I disagree, Buchanan was spot on on McCain losing because of his support for illegal immigration and for bomb-bomb-bomb Iran
ABE5177

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 12:16 pm
@ABE5177,
he's right on Stomayor too
Quote:
Even if Sotomayor is confirmed, making the nation aware she is a militant supporter since college days of ethnic and gender preferences is an assignment worth pursuing. For America does not believe in preferences. Even in the blue states of California, Washington and Michigan, voters have tossed them out as naked discrimination against white males.

As Sotomayor would be a colorful personality in a bland liberal lineup of Ginsburg, Breyer and John Paul Stevens, she would stand out, like the co-ed-chasing “Wild Bill” Douglas in the 1960s and 1970s.

And if Republicans, in 2010 and 2012, can point to the court and say Sotomayor is their kind of justice, and Scalia, Roberts, Alito and Thomas are our kind of justices, that will not be all bad.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 12:51 pm
@ebrown p,
OK, I'm curious (and I'm NOT fishing for compliments).
What kind of a conservative do you see me as?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 08:14 pm
@Debra Law,
Or more like:

http://www.foxnews.com/photoessay/photoessay_6010_images/1216081621_M_xdress_klinger_450.jpg
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 08:16 pm
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:

Quote:
So now you believe that Pat Buchanon speaks for ALL conservatives?
Or even a large percentage of them?

I choose B. I believe that Pat Buchanan speaks for a large percentage of conservatives.

I don't.

Our opinions negate each other?
0 Replies

ABE5177

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 01:54 pm
@revel,
I dont care if they're womern and minorities as long as they speak English and Sotomayor doesnt any [ore than thei professor Gates, but HE's got a theory why
Quote:
before you can signify
you got to be able to rap. . . . Signifying allowed you a choice-you
could either make a cat feel good or bad. If you had just destroyed
someone or if they were down already, signifying could help them
over. Signifying was also a way of expressing your own feelings. . . .
Signifying at its best can be heard when the brothers are exchanging
tales. H. Rap Brown

And they asked me right at Christmas
If my blackness, would it rub off?
I said, ask your Mama.

He speaks Yoruba said the professor not English at akk
http://www.questiaschool.com/read/94391279
panzade

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 04:55 pm
@ABE5177,
Quote:
I dont care if they're womern and minorities as long as they speak English and Sotomayor doesnt any [ore than thei professor Gates, but HE's got a theory why

Ill be kind and suggest that you're a wee bit drunk