My 1st Garden Award

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 03:40 pm
After having my stuff locked up in storage for the last 3 years it was nice getting it all back. I èd been thinking of my mother lately and woed over her passing away several years earlier. I only just wished at that moment,that she could know how much more I appreciated her and how I never got enough of her warmth love and affection and searched feverously in my memories for moments where this moment did occur.

When I got back to the task of opening boxes , the first i opened surprised me with a letter from my mother sitting on top. I opened it quickly to see what the letter contained . And there inside with the letter a zerox copy of a newsclipping from the Toronto Star on that very same day August 12 1941.

My Mom and her sister raised six dollars and ten cents for the English war Veterans children fund . It was also all from the bounty they grew with their very own hands in the back garden.

Well this letter appearing like this on the very same day so many years later must mean something.

Well Mom it did and two days ago my Garden was awarded in a new catagory created for the competition. Garden of Marvels and Fantasy. The fun part is I was not in the competition. They notified me to the fact and Gala event , which followed with Wine & Cheese and petit fours.

So for the Green Thumb, I am thanking my Mom.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,020 • Replies: 15
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 03:52 pm
Congratulations on your award and yeah, I think your mother had a hand in it. :-D
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 04:13 pm
Congrats. That's awesome :-D
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 05:32 pm
That's marvelous and fantastic. Congrats!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 09:02 pm
Smiles that they noticed!
0 Replies

Jesusgirl22

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 09:39 pm
Congratulations. Mom knows.

What sort of plants are in your fantasy garden?
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 09:43 pm
Algis, that is wonderful. Congratulations. Of course your mother had a hand in your success and I'm sure she knows.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 01:59 pm
Thanks for all the good cheer ! Jespah, Montana,Sozobe,Ossobuco,Jesusgirl and Diane.

May all your families sprout green thumbs or have the ability to mix fake silk flowers in with the real thing. Thats my trick.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 02:10 pm
Oh, but don't you have to iron silk?
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 02:17 pm
Not these but come on over for some hot home made Pita Pizza
Osso.......
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 02:18 pm
are there pix of this marvellous fantasy?

Congrats, Algis!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 03:37 pm
OK, I'd love to visit!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 04:57 pm
Algis.Kemezys wrote:
Thanks for all the good cheer ! Jespah, Montana,Sozobe,Ossobuco,Jesusgirl and Diane.

May all your families sprout green thumbs or have the ability to mix fake silk flowers in with the real thing. Thats my trick.

I think my green thumb has turned red from bottling a huge harvest of tomatoes this year. I absolutely love vegetable gardening :-D
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 05:01 pm
My father loved to vegetable garden himself, so I think of him everytime I'm in my garden and you'll always see me wearing a smile. I feel like he's right there with me.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 09:06 pm
Nothing like anything grow in the Garden.To suppliment my morning glories I planted pole beans and had a free breakfast for about 1 month.One day maybe we will have a Montreal Meet and Greet. Will amke plenty of Pita Pizza then. No photos of the garden yet havenèt had the time...

Oh yeah, fresh new baby potatoes ahve to be all the rage about those the size of golf balls.
Potatoe Pita Pizza would be my dish of choice.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 09:08 pm
Anyday now frost shall strike and my garden keeps growing on you because it refuses to wither away. Just how does he manage having all those nice flowers..... at this time of year
0 Replies