There are 700 baloons aloft over Albuquerque this A.M.

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 08:45 am
I've been watching the 700+ balloons afloat from the Albuquerque balloon Festival. Several have floated directly over my home. Maddy has been barking at them from the back yard.

I see a cluster of about 9 balloons heading my way. I think I will grab my camera and go outside to take some pictures.

Be back later.
BumbleBeeBoogie
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 653 • Replies: 5
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 08:49 am
I used to work out at sandia and also lived with a relative out near los alamos, so i always loved the ballonery. Is the balloon that is shaped like a rolled up newspaper still flying?
I havent been out to Sandia in a few years
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 09:02 am
Farmerman
Farmerman, I haven't seen one as you describe, but there are over 700 balloons in the sky so its possible the newspaper is among them.

The gas balloon race to Texas was supposed to launch at 5 pm yesterday, but weather in Texas delayed the launch until today, Sunday, at 5 pm.

I can always tell there is a balloon over head because you can hear its burners whooshing off and on, like an asthmatic bird.

BumbleBeeBoogie
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 09:13 am
The webcams are here, btw:

FiestaCams

We had had only 270 balloons at the Mongolfiade here last month ... and bad weather during that week as well.
But I was quite astonished, when I could see more than a dozen gas balloons doing a race!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 09:26 am
Oh, I wish I could be there right now! Thanks for
the alert, BBB. Thanks for the website, Walter.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 09:49 am
WOW!
WOW! One of the most beautiful balloons (the one often seen in pictures) just flew over my house about 100 feet above my roof. I was able to wave and call to the basket occupants, two adults and two children. The burner fire was brilliant. Maddy was in my home office looking out the window, barking his head off as the balloon came right at us.

BumbleBeeBoogie
0 Replies