runaway teens

Ragman

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 07:47 am
@runaway mommy,
firstly let's deal with some basic facts here about the runaway aspeccts of your story. If your bf is 17, how is it that he has an apartment? Who signed for him that was an adult? Who is watching over him..and how is it that he hasn't been reported for either trunacy or running away? Aren't you both are on the run or at least not able to be 'legal' as far being seen by the authorities? Neither of you can provide for the baby or even know details about the responsibilities of adulthood, much less parenting.

This isn't your fault and your not a bad person for wanting to try. You are just misguided a bit here. Most of us here all were a bit misguided here at that age. The abuse at your home makes it tougher for you..we understand that.

Please get help professional help and counseling. Think PRIMARILY of the needs of the baby here. What is best for the baby is to NOT attempt to raise it yourself under these circumstances.

Neither you or a 17-yr-old runaway can or should handle this. The welfare of this child is the most important part here. Once this child is born, the legal authorities will intervene anyhow as you are a minor.

After the child is born, then you need the right help to grow into a mature adult. You can't do that with a baby. Neither can your bf.

Truly, we feel for you in this situation. It is unwise to even think about raising this baby without benefit of the help of an adult.

Your best bet
Ragman

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 07:49 am
@runaway mommy,
Regardless if they turned their backs or not, they are now legally responsible for the child's welfare. You need to work together. Contact some agencies that are being suggested. Have you called planned parenthood yet? Don't stay online and delay any longer. Call now. Without prenatal care, you could be risking your own health and the health of the unborn child.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 08:51 am
@Ragman,
Also, if you are 15 and you are not able to attend school, then authorities are looking for you. And without an education, or training after the baby is born then you are doomed to low paying difficulties with finding work that can help pay for your upkeep and the child's as well.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 10:04 am
My opinions on the truancy police are less severe, but Ragman raises some interesting points.

My youngest sister hid her pregnancy from her parents until two weeks before delivery. (she was two years older than you)

My niecey was born with problems. (rather large ones)

prenatal care for that child is vital to it's future health and well-being.

good wishes, and stick around a bit, there are some good folks here who are willing to help you.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 04:52 pm
@Green Witch,
excellent post
0 Replies

runaway mommy

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2009 06:59 am
@dadpad,
yea ive had it. it used to be every morning. but its gotten better. im just scared that they would try to report me. i refuse to be in a group home.
runaway mommy

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2009 07:07 am
@Ragman,
he's not a runaway. he attends night school and he works. also we do have his mother and grandmother helping us. they kno all thats going on plus they are geting me prenatal meds. they are doing all they can for me. plus his grandmother is a nurse and she has been checking me out. we wont be alone. and the apartment is in his mothers name. i kno i will do the best i can for the baby. i plan to go back to skol after im legally grown. i checked. they cant touch me after i reach 18. i can handle everything else. i just wanna get my baby out into the world safely.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2009 07:08 am
@runaway mommy,
PP will just try and get you the services you need to properly take care of the baby. They only report people to the authorities if they feel abuse is going on. If you behave like a good mother you will be treated as such.
runaway mommy

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2009 07:10 am
@Green Witch,
are u sure????? im scared
Green Witch

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2009 07:17 am
@runaway mommy,
Positive. I've done a lot of volunteer work for them in the past and their interest is in you and your baby. They want a mother to be in control of her life. They believe women are capable of making their own decisions about what is best for themselves and their family. You can talk to them first on the phone and you will not have to give them any contact information.
runaway mommy

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2009 07:18 am
@Green Witch,
ok. wat about prenatal care. how much will they charge?
Green Witch

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2009 07:26 am
@runaway mommy,
It's free if you do not have any money or they will work on a sliding scale. You probably qualify for Medicad or WIC and that will cover everything, including medical care and food, for you and the baby. Call them and tell them you want to keep the baby, they will not try and talk you into anything else. I promise.
runaway mommy

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2009 07:27 am
@Green Witch,
THANK U SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH
Green Witch

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2009 07:28 am
@runaway mommy,
Let us know how it goes. We get very attached to people through these forums.
runaway mommy

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2009 07:29 am
i JUST WANT TO THANK EVERYONE WJO HAS TRIED TO HELP ME. ALL YOUR ADVICE WILL BE PUT TO GOOD USE. ALSO MY BABY THANKS U ALSO. U HAVE INSURED HIM/HER A BRIGHT FUTURE.
0 Replies

runaway mommy

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2009 07:29 am
@Green Witch,
will do i promise.
0 Replies

runaway mommy

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2009 07:31 am
@Green Witch,
e-mial me anytime. i enjoyed everyones help. [email protected]
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2009 07:34 am
I'm a-walkin' in the rain,
Tears are fallin' and I feel the pain,
Wishin' you were here by me,
To end this misery
And I wonder--
I wah-wah-wah-wah-wonder,
Why,
Why, why, why, why, why she ran away,
Yes, and I wonder,
A-where she will stay-ay,
My little runaway,
Run, run, run, run, runaway.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » runaway teens
  3. » Page 3
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 04:45:43