Men Only! The Toilet Seat.

Chumly

Reply Fri 29 May, 2009 10:36 pm
The position of a man’s toilet seat (up or down or middling) is the true underlying indicator of household status.

Are you emasculated to the point that you feebly abide by the neutering effects of the down-lid?

Do you proudly display the lid in its fully erect position?

Can you never quite get the gumption to raise the lid to full-mast nor give up on manhood altogether, thus keeping the lid in some half-assed, part-way, vague incline?

panzade

Reply Fri 29 May, 2009 10:39 pm
@Chumly,
it's got a wimpy furry cover...won't stay up for any reason
Chumly

Reply Fri 29 May, 2009 10:48 pm
@panzade,
Take off that fur and have it show it's true upright colors!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 29 May, 2009 10:57 pm
It's more sanitary to shut both lids before flushing. Tiny drops of toilet water fly all over the bathroom otherwise. You don't see the drops, but they do carry bacteria.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 29 May, 2009 10:59 pm
@Chumly,
my cats don't really give a rats one way or t'other, but I generally close the cover in case they get real thirsty or incoherent (bubba)...
0 Replies

solipsister

Reply Sat 30 May, 2009 05:34 am
@Chumly,
have you tried keeping it up
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 30 May, 2009 06:13 am
toilet seat?
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 30 May, 2009 06:43 am
Up 'n proud
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 30 May, 2009 03:44 pm
@Chumly,
Chumly wrote:

Are you emasculated to the point that you feebly abide by the neutering effects of the down-lid?

Both lids are down. It's a visually and more sanitary position for both. Never mind be considerate to one's wife /partner.

And, if one has pets (as someone mentioned above), it's a smart idea.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sat 30 May, 2009 03:47 pm

Ladies use the facility in the east wing. I don't know what they do with the toilet lids there.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 31 May, 2009 09:57 am
I’m teaching my cat to do its business in the toilet, you can note the procedure here on YouTube (he slips in at the end). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ug7WEUxH68
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sun 31 May, 2009 12:03 pm
My wife and I made a deal a long time ago that I will lift the seat and she will lower the seat. It remains in the position of whomever used it last.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sun 31 May, 2009 12:09 pm
Now, granted, I live in the #2 most liberal city in the country,according to genoves' survey, beating out Berkeley, much to its chagrin, but that seems to be the developing consensus here--whoever uses it last leaves it in whatever position they used it, based on several unisex bathrooms in places I frequent, including a city office building and a music club.
McTag

Reply Sun 31 May, 2009 01:19 pm
@MontereyJack,

This is somewhat illogical for most cases, I would suggest, for the following reason:

The person who has just used it is the least likely to need to use it again, first. (Save in the exceptional case of advanced diarrhoea or other unpleasant medical condition)

And so on balance of probability, and assuming a reasonably even spread of genders (this is not an allusion to the size of your butts, ladies), it would surely make more sense to leave the seat in the opposite mode to the one just employed.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 31 May, 2009 03:11 pm
I remember a cartoon in a Playboy magazine I saw years ago. Two guys, one listening intently to what the other was saying. "What really annoys me about women is how they always leave the toilet seat down."
0 Replies

Cracked

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2009 07:51 am
the seat has to go down, its the only way to keep the dogs drinking out of their bowls
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2009 09:12 am
According to feng shui, it's not auspicious to leave the toilet open and exposed -
money will run through the open drain. Therefore, keep the lid closed!

0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2009 10:21 am
1) A seat that is down may not be picked up by a guy who goes pee -> wet (and just gross) seat. It's protecting the piece that women have to sit on.

2) "I almost fell in the toilet," is a phrase that no self-respecting human should ever say. When do you ever sit down without looking at what's in your butt's direction?!
Chumly

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2009 12:26 pm
@dyslexia,
2) is so true.........in more ways than 1)

the above is a triple pun with some rhyming thrown in for good measure!
0 Replies

Smiles4Miles222

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2009 12:34 pm
@Chumly,
Good point edgarblythe!!
0 Replies