Rich fleeing lib states

Reply Fri 29 May, 2009 08:34 am
http://www.collinsreport.net/

Quote:

05/29/2009

By Kevin “Coach” Collins

Liberals around the country are learning some hard lessons. They assumed the “rich” would roll over “grin and bear it” and pay higher and higher taxes. They were wrong.

A New York billionaire has moved to Florida to escape being “soaked.” Almost certainly others will follow him to other low tax states.

A third of Maryland’s millionaires have run away depriving its sticky fingered liberals of over $ 100 million.

Liberals are like a little child who sees a ten dollar bill in her mother’s bag and can’t understand why or how Mommy can say “We don’t have any money.”

“But Mommy I see your money” comes to the child’s mind and the liberal’s mind. Liberals believe all money belongs to government and by extension to them.

This “if I see your money it’s mine” approach is being picked up by states across the country. Several have passed “get the rich to pay up” laws. They are in for a rude surprise.

Heavy truck sales in New Jersey: greedy liberals get a big surprise

In 1990 the Liberal Democrat Governor of New Jersey played the role of the child seeing and demanding her parents’ money and his state’s truck dealers paid dearly for it.

Heavy truck sales had been exempt from taxes. He saw a chance to close a budget gap by bringing the tax back. Halfway through the first year of the tax, heavy truck sales in New Jersey literally ended. Sales had plummeted from 702 to 12! The exemption was quickly reinstated.

People didn’t stop buying heavy trucks they stopped buying them in New Jersey, much to the delight of other states.

Liberals cry about balancing budgets “on the backs of the poor.” Now they’ll have to because the “evil” rich are running away from their confiscatory clutches.

Liberal Democrats are dangerous because they don’t understand economics. By definition they don’t understand America or how we became a great country so they don’t know what will kill America.

Several states are already locked into “I see your money so it’s mine” budgets. Even if they wanted to back away from this disastrous gimmick they couldn’t. The liberal politicians in these states will pat themselves on the back and tell their citizens their state budget is truly balanced. They will be lying and they know it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 1,661 • Replies: 4

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2009 11:28 am
"Value Added Taxes: a trick to steal our liberty by making Blue States escape proof".
Shocked

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2009 11:36 am

Successful citizens are being forced out of Blue states that keep raising taxes.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2009 11:37 am
@DontTreadOnMe,
DontTreadOnMe wrote:

"Value Added Taxes: a trick to steal our liberty by making Blue States escape proof".
Shocked

That is so very true... who said that?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2009 01:49 pm
At least I got out of California. Michigan is a red state with a big blue bruise known as Detroit (and the UAW).
0 Replies