World Military Power ??

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 07:58 am
Now that PrezBO is weakening this nations military with reckless
abandon, what nation will take our place as the worlds military power?

China?
Russia?

Who will take our place as the worlds military power?

Woiyo9

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 09:04 am
A Pacific Warning
Australia prepares for U.S. decline.

Since World War II, U.S. military dominance has underpinned the Asia-Pacific region's prosperity and relative peace. So it's cause for concern when one of America's closest allies sees that power ebbing amid unstable nuclear regimes such as Pakistan and North Korea and the expanding military power of China.

In the preface to a sweeping defense review released Saturday, Australian Defense Minister Joel Fitzgibbon writes: "The biggest changes to our outlook . . . have been the rise of China, the emergence of India and the beginning of the end of the so-called unipolar moment; the almost two-decade-long period in which the pre-eminence of our principal ally, the United States, was without question."

Australia isn't forecasting the end of U.S. dominance soon; the report predicts that will continue through 2030. There are also a few bright spots, such as a stronger India and the emergence of Indonesia as a stable democratic ally.

http://able2know.org/reply/topic-132173
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 09:08 am
@H2O MAN,
As long as we have enough military to defend our borders, which we dont have because our military is spread all over the world defending everyone elses borders who gives a shyt.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 09:39 am
context is everything.

http://www.gold-speculator.com/attachments/quinn-advisors/1740d1238600777-cost-global-empire-saupload_country_distribution_2008.png
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 09:55 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

China?
Russia?

<sigh> one more time...

Quote:

...Two years ago, I began planning cuts in military spending that reflected the changes of the new era. But now, this year, with Imperial Communism gone, that process can be accelerated. Tonight I can tell you of dramatic changes in our strategic nuclear force. These are actions we are taking on our own, because they are the right thing to do. ...

After completing 20 planes for which we have begun procurement, we will shut down production of the B-2 bomber. We will cancel the ICBM program. We will cease production of new warheads for our sea-based missiles. We will stop all production of the peacekeeper missile. And we will not purchase any more advanced cruise missiles. ...

...will eliminate all land-based multiple-warhead ballistic missiles, I will do the following: We will eliminate all Peacekeeper missiles. We will reduce the number of warheads on Minuteman missiles to one and reduce the number of warheads on our sea-based missiles by about one-third. And we will convert a substantial portion of our strategic to primarily conventional use....

...The Secretary of Defense**** recommended these cuts after consultation with the joint chiefs of staff. And I make them with confidence. But do not misunderstand me: The reductions I have approved will save us an additional $50 billion over the next five years. By 1997 we will have cut defense by 30 percent since I took office. These cuts are deep, and you must know my resolve: this deep, and no deeper. To do less would be insensible to progress, but to do more would be ignorant of history. We must not go back to the days of "the hollow army". We cannot repeat the mistakes made twice in this century when armistice was followed by recklessness and defense was purged as if the world was permanently safe.

George H.W. Bush , State Of The Union Address - January 28, 1992

http://www.infoplease.com/t/hist/state-of-the-union/205.html

Quote:
**** Richard B. Cheney
March 21, 1989- January 20, 1993
17th Secretary of Defense
Bush Administration
http://www.defenselink.mil/specials/secdef_histories/bios/cheney.htm

contrex

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 12:02 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
Anyone who had any doubts that Americans are pricks should read this thread.
Advocate

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 02:30 pm
@kuvasz,
Thanks for the chart. It looks as if O has a way to go to streamline our military and save a fortune.
Gargamel

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 02:34 pm
@contrex,
contrex wrote:

Anyone who had any doubts that Americans are pricks should read this thread.

You're not American. So what's your excuse?
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 04:01 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:

Thanks for the chart. It looks as if O has a way to go to streamline our military and save a fortune.

the thing is, the idea way back was that with the break up of the ussr, the u.s. military needed to be retooled into a much more mobile and rapid response force.

some people see that as weakening the military. but really it's trying to be sure you have the right tool for the job.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 06:59 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

China?
Russia?

I do not think we will lose our place in the world. All we need is to have the right 51st state, and our military will have more than enough boots on the ground, to prevent us ever being spread too thin. And, with the right 51st state, we could see China on a clear day.
Xenoche

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 07:12 pm
There will never be enough boots on the ground.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 07:14 pm
@Gargamel,
He is French. Enough said.
Xenoche

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 08:28 pm
Answer: China
contrex

Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 02:21 am
@rabel22,
Quote:
He is French. Enough said.

Actually, I am British.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 02:55 am
@Foofie,
Quote:
I do not think we will lose our place in the world. All we need is to have the right 51st state, and our military will have more than enough boots on the ground, to prevent us ever being spread too thin. And, with the right 51st state, we could see China on a clear day.

Any thoughts on the perfect location for this "right" 51st state, Foofie? Just asking.
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 03:10 am
@Xenoche,
Xenoche wrote:

Answer: China

怎樣您的母親?
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 03:00 pm
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

Quote:

Any thoughts on the perfect location for this "right" 51st state, Foofie? Just asking.

You cannot figure it out?
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 04:05 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

msolga wrote:

Quote:

India?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 05:44 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:

I'm more interested in your thinking on this, Foofie. Obviously the "right" candidate for the 51st state would have to be a cooperative "trusted ally" of the US. One in which the population would happily embrace US citizenship, in preference to their own. A country which the US powers-that-be believe would consider such a notion favourably - including becoming a safe haven for US military bases - lots of "boots on the ground". I'm honestly not too clear about which country might fit that bill.
So, in your opinion, that country might be ............?
Foofie

Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 06:50 pm
@msolga,
The Philippines. A population so large though that they would get enough electoral votes, under the current system, that candidates would possibly spend an inordinate amount of time there. However, I believe they are conservative, hard-working, and in my opinion, many would be happy to join the Union. And, I believe many would join our military. They speak Spanish, English and Tagalog. They have a Muslim population on some islands; the majority are Christian, likely Catholic from their days under Spanish rule.

1. Forums
  2. » World Military Power ??
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 11:29:44