World Military Power ??

msolga

Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 07:15 pm
@Foofie,
I imagine that there'd be considerable resistance in the Phillipines, no matter how well this might suit US security interests, Foofie. It would be considered by many as yet another US troops "occupation".
Foofie

Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 07:21 pm
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

I imagine that there'd be considerable resistance in the Phillipines, no matter how well this might suit US security interests, Foofie. It would be considered by many as yet another US troops "occupation".

In my hypothetical example, it would be based on a referendum of the citizens there. Is that not how Hawaii was admitted?
msolga

Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 07:37 pm
@Foofie,
Sure & good luck with such a hyperthetical referendum! But, from my understanding, the US wouldn't be successful in this case - for reasons like strong attachment to cultural identity, opposition from the left & lingering resentment about the last occupation. As well, the US is now considered by many countries to be a waning power on the global stage, so I'd suspect it would be difficult to persuade almost any country (especially so close to China) to be accomodating in regards to your hypothetical proposal.
Foofie

Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 08:05 pm
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

Sure & good luck with such a hyperthetical referendum! But, from my understanding, the US wouldn't be successful in this case - for reasons like strong attachment to cultural identity, opposition from the left & lingering resentment about the last occupation. As well, the US is now considered by many countries to be a waning power on the global stage, so I'd suspect it would be difficult to persuade almost any country (especially so close to China) to be accomodating in regards to your hypothetical proposal.

It was not a hypothetical proposal. It was a hypothetical conjecture. Big difference. I am in no position to propose anything to anyone.
msolga

Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 08:11 pm
@Foofie,
OK. But I still don't think it's a goer. Wink
Foofie

Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 08:28 pm
@msolga,
Have a nice day. It is night here.
msolga

Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 08:53 pm
@Foofie,
Thanks, Foofie. And you have a good night.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 06:06 am

I don't see a 51st state, but I do see PrezBO weakening this nations military.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 02:40:48