@cobler207,
http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Rid-of-Raccoons

http://www.aaanimalcontrol.com/Professional-Trapper/nationwide-trappers.htm
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 05:37 pm
@cobler207,
Make yourself less attractive to them.

I once read that midges only bite people with good blood.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 06:26 pm
They're probably attracted to garbage, so bag it as well as you can, and ask your neighbors to do the same.
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 07:56 pm
Call in professionals. They can bite and scratch when threatened. some people say to play loud music under the porch to keep them up during the day. They sleep during the day and are up all night looking for food.

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 08:05 pm
I'm defiantly amused by rackies, but understand the need to cull them from your property. Back in northern california, we had some scaling our old victorian building. I have the odd story or two about that at a2k. Anyway, there we had a wildlife group, ah, woman, who came to our place with massive gloves, and 'secured' the offender.

I've even a story by a friend who lived in the guesthouse of a famed writer in the LA area and found rackies in her kitchen at, say, 2 a.m. She got the last baby rack out by building a pillow ladder to the open window (it was a hot summer night).
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2009 05:46 am
If youve got experience and a sense to not get your hands close to them, Id see about getting some HAVEA HART traps and trapping them and taking them many miles out of town to a convenient release point. AT the release point , hook up a remote release and stay out of their way cause they can come out of the cage with a vicious whining attapck plan. They are very smart critters and can disembowel a dog if confronted by even a pit bull.
If you cant handle this or are inexperienced , its best to get a pro and pay the fee. They will , no doubt, also use HAveAHARTs and trap and release them into someone elses area.

Are you rural or suburban. If your rural, Id get a small prox relay from Radio Shak and set it up to set off an in-house buzzer whenever they show up, then, with a 22 loaded with long rifle or magnums, shoot the sucker (always watch your bullets trajectory so you dont have a stray bullet that can travel for a half mile)
spendius

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2009 06:36 am
@farmerman,
I was going to suggest shooting them but I thought it would get me in the bad books of animal lovers because it risks just injuring them and causing them to suffer a lonesome, lingering death out in the forest from gangrene or starvation.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2009 08:51 pm
get a dog

a 'coon dog
farmerman

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2009 10:19 pm
@kuvasz,
you could lose a dog. Coons arent pussy fighters , they are carnivores and not hampered by all that "domestication".

A raccoon will usually retreat to an area thatgives it the advantage and then they can turn on a big dog and kill it. I wouldnt waste a good dog on a coon unless I was there with him and the dogs could "tree" the raccoon. Then we blow em out of the tree. Dont ever let a coon lead a dog pack into a pond or into a small blind or cave.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2009 10:24 pm
no garbage, no coons...
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2009 12:08 am
@farmerman,
yeah, one could lose a dog, but my experience with my dogs are that a dog will kill a racoon in about 5 seconds. of course i'm talking about 100 pound kuvasz pairs who kill 35 pound coyotes for fun.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2009 06:50 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Then we blow em out of the tree.

This sort of dominant, controlling power- machismo coupled with the BDS (Big Dog Syndrome) sits very uneasily with attacks on the traditional patriarchal religion of Christianity and the consequent alignment with feminism and the whole liberal agenda.

In fact it is evidence of confusion or that the attacks on Christianity are being mounted for reasons hitherto not stated. Such as a tendency to search and hound a victim and what better victims could there be than Christians as there are so many to choose from and they are such gentle creatures and very easy to dispute with.

Liberals here have had hunting with dogs banned after a long struggle, keenly fought, with the Tally-Ho brigade who were well entrenched and in the main churchgoers.

Which of the two of your positions effemm is the "head up arse" one? One of them has to be.
farmerman

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2009 03:00 pm
@spendius,
WAIT A MINIT. WE could sit the raccoon down and have him lissen to an hour of spendi doing his verbal circle jerk. The raccoon would be on the next plane out of there.
spendius

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2009 03:33 pm
@farmerman,
That's weaseling of the lowest order. It is utopian which, as you obviously don't know, is a fantasia involving going from the the known to the unknown without specifying the method. If it could be done then the racoon could just as well be up the tree with an AK47. With a height advantage and hidden in the foliage. Then you wouldn't dare go near.

Do you buy into the whole liberal agenda or just those bits that suit you? That was the question and you have, as usual, funked it.

farmerman

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2009 06:05 pm
@spendius,
just record that and feed it to the raccoons. Theyll **** themselves to death.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2009 06:28 pm
Farmerman: If youve got experience and a sense to not get your hands close to them, Id see about getting some HAVEA HART traps and trapping them and taking them many miles out of town to a convenient release point. AT the release point , hook up a remote release and stay out of their way cause they can come out of the cage with a vicious whining attapck plan. They are very smart critters and can disembowel a dog if confronted by even a pit bull.
If you cant handle this or are inexperienced , its best to get a pro and pay the fee. They will , no doubt, also use HAveAHARTs and trap and release them into someone elses area.

We catch raccoons every time we put the have a heart trap out by the storage shed (at work). They love cat food. We release them at the park.
farmerman

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2009 06:30 pm
@edgarblythe,
Jever get a skunk in one by mistake? Theres a problem in applied biology.