Pajama-Clad Toddlers Ransack Neighbor's Home

djjd62

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2009 11:01 am
Boys Eat Snacks, Empty Drawers, Mess Up House

ANDERSON, S.C. -- Two young brothers caused an uproar in Anderson Friday morning when they wandered away from their home and into a neighbor’s home.

http://www.wyff4.com/2009/0424/19275011_240X180.jpg

Neighbors and public safety officers launched an intense search after John and Matthew Farrar disappeared from their home.
The boy’s mother called to report the 2- and 3-year-olds missing at about 9:45 a.m.
About 100 city and county emergency workers scrambled into the neighborhood to search for the boys. Little did they know that the toddlers were next door in the home of a sleeping neighbor, playing out their own version of Goldilocks gone bad.
Angie Lovorn was sound asleep on the other side of the house after working a third shift and said she had no idea the boys were in her house.
"I would have right away looked through my house if I’d known they were missing," Lovorn said.
But she didn’t know. And while she slept, the toddlers ransacked her cupboards, munching on Teddy Grahams, marshmallows and chips.

Lovorn finally awoke and saw the emergency workers outside her home at about the same time searchers spotted the boys coming out her back door.
One of the brothers was wearing a Clemson University football helmet that belongs to Lovorn’s son.
“They even got on the top bunk," Lovorn said. "These items -- stuffed animals -- were on the top bunk."
From the looks of the house, the boys enjoyed their visit.
"They played for a while, I think," Lovorn said.
The wandering toddlers are the youngest of four brothers in their family.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 1,647 • Replies: 10
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2009 03:33 pm
@djjd62,
Toddler heaven!

Into everything, and nobody to say "no".
mismi

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2009 03:42 pm
@dlowan,
That is scary - thankful nothing worse happened...wandering babies with a lot of ability and little common sense is a frightful thing.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2009 03:45 pm
Never underestimate the abilities of a three year old.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2009 03:46 pm
Reminds me of my sister (one year down from me) who used to go around to some of the neighbours and tell them my mom wasn't out of bed yet so she hadn't had breakfast. She was 5 yrs old (ha ha) and got several meals each morning. My mom put a stop to that, of course, but it was funny.

At Christmas time (same year), the grocery delivery guy dropped off a box of mandarin oranges while my parents were next door and she took them into her room (unbeknownst to my older sister and me) and ate half the box. When my parents came home she blamed the delivery guy. A big brouhaha ensued and all said and done, she was punished somehow.

Come to think of it, she's always had an issue with food (in a good way).
boomerang

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2009 03:51 pm
Quote:
Boys Eat Snacks, Empty Drawers, Mess Up House

Judging by the headline I would have yawned right past this story as simply too obvious.
dlowan

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2009 03:59 pm
@boomerang,
Indeed.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2009 04:49 pm
@Mame,
Not to be nosy, urgggh, but what is her weight like now?
Mame

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2009 05:27 pm
@ossobuco,
ha ha ha - she's not bad. She's 50 this yr and is 5'2" and weighs about 140 Smile But she did have a bit of weight gain in her teenage yrs. The problem was, we were always hungry (7 kids) - never got enough to eat.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 08:29 am
Oh, I love sunchips.

The toddlers must have known that this neighbor had better snack food than they had.

Toddler horrors:
It is amazing what toddlers can do. My youngest brother at 2 was a menace. He would always try to get out of the house and run out in his diapers. It was so bad as at that young age he knew how to unlock the bolts on the doors. We had to put on a chain lock at the top of the door because he also figured how to unlock that when it was within his reach. Once we put those lock out of his reach, he was caught with the broom and a chair trying to unlock the chain from the top of the door.

When I was 3 and my brother 6, we just moved into a new house. For some reason my older brother woke me up early one morning recently after moving in. He helped me get dressed and we “found” some change around the house. We then left the house and walked to the neighborhood corner store " this store was about 5 blocks away on a busy street (we did not have to cross any big streets to get there " just smaller side streets). My parents woke frightened " we were in huge trouble when we showed up with chocolate faces.

We need to tie up toddlers.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 08:51 am
A cold December day I was cleaning the kitchen -the door open to the entrence where my daughter at that time 2 1/2 was playing very peacefully and content.
Then all of a sudden the doorbell rang and I went to open - not seeing my daughter I did not give it a second thought as she might be in the livingroom with her toys. There stood my neighbourgh lady with my absolutely naked daughter in her arms.
She had undressed, sneak out of the house, closing the door very carefully and walk down the street passed ten houses until she got caught.
She wanted to start kindergarten!!!!
0 Replies