Obama seeks $100M in government 'efficiencies'

revel

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 07:17 am
Quote:
The final straw is Obama looks at the tea party rallies with disdain,

Even if true and can be proved, what is the big deal? Did bush and Cheney look at the anti-war rallis with fondness?

Obama approval ratings is now at 68% so it appears not too many people are uspet about this budget proposals, or at least not upset enough for it affect their approval.

Obama Approval Rating Is 68 Percent, New Nationwide Poll Shows
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 07:26 am
The original "Tea Party" was a protest against to taxation without representation. But now we do have representation. So calling these protests "Tea Parties" is very misleading since they really have nothing in common with the original. It's one thing to complain about taxes (nobody likes taxes), but it's quite another to complain about lack of representation.

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 08:11 am
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

The original "Tea Party" was a protest against to taxation without representation. But now we do have representation. So calling these protests "Tea Parties" is very misleading since they really have nothing in common with the original. It's one thing to complain about taxes (nobody likes taxes), but it's quite another to complain about lack of representation.

We do have representatives in DC, but they are no longer representing the citizens... they represent themselves and lobbyist.

The Tea Parties were not misleading.
revel

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 09:06 am
@H2O MAN,
Can you prove we don't have representation with our representatives in congress? If not; as usual you are full of hot air. The original tea parties were because those in the colonies did not have representatives at all in England. Help change the lobbyist laws if you have a problem with them; or elect people you support who you think will represent your interest.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 09:10 am
@revel,

Can you prove the house and senate represent the citizens?
Can you prove PrezBO cares about the citizens?

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 09:57 am
@H2O MAN,
Nobody can prove anything to people like you when you have blinders on. BO is doing his best to reverse the economic crisis for all Americans, and he's already extended unemployment benefits to those millions who have lost jobs. Believe it or not, the beneficiaries includes conservatives/republicans too!

You're about as dumb as they come.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 10:52 am
@cicerone imposter,

cice, the truth ain't in you!
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 11:07 am
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:
Ok. I'm confused. While I agree with Obama that if there is $100M in waste, it needs to be eliminated, I'm confused about when I'm supposed to care about a measly $100M?

I think your being confused is the appropriate reaction. Running after $100M inefficiencies in an economy like this is like rearranging chairs on the deck of the sinking Titanic. But hey, as long as it makes the captain look captainesque on network TV ....
parados

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 11:09 am
@Thomas,
100 million here, 100 million there, and pretty soon you are talking some real money.

Would the reaction be the same "so what" if Obama had proposed they SPEND another 100 million?
Thomas

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 11:37 am
@parados,
Quote:
Would the reaction be the same "so what" if Obama had proposed they SPEND another 100 million?

As far as I am concerned, yes. Indeed, I would have liked that infinitesimally better. Today's economy suffers from lack of spending, not lack of efficiency. Hence, a 100M spending program would still have barely done anything -- but at least it would have done a little something about the right problem.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 12:40 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

Today's economy suffers from lack of spending, not lack of efficiency.

The Obama administration suffers from a total lack of common sense and their
on the job training approach to issues and problems only damages the country.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 12:48 pm
@H2O MAN,
Spell out what you mean by "on the job training approach?"

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 12:51 pm
@cicerone imposter,

cice, are you having a bad day?

Have you never heard "on the job training" used in a sentence?
What do you think it means?

Tell us exactly what part you don't get.
revel

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 01:03 pm
@H2O MAN,
The very fact that we have representatives from each state proves we have representatives. The early colonist didn't have that, hence the tea tax dumping party. If you don't think your state representative represents your views, work to change your representatives.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 01:14 pm
@revel,

An overwhelming number of citizens do not think their states representatives
represent their views, hence the nationwide tea tax dumping demonstrations.

Do you think your state representative represents your views?
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 01:17 pm
@H2O MAN,
It's evident you have no understanding of those words; please identify who on Obama's team are "on the job training?" List them by name and their background, and why they are "on the job training?"

You make claims you can't even back up.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 01:21 pm
@cicerone imposter,

You are a foolish little troll that gets off by playing word games with yourself.

List your full name, address, phone number, work history and why you are so ******* stupid.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 01:22 pm
@H2O MAN,
An overwhelming number of citizens were not at the demonstrations when compared to other demonstrations. But I forget, we liberals don't work and so have time unlike you hard working conservative republicans. Or so it was explained to me last week (or the week before; can't remember exactly)

I have long thought my representative does not represent my views. I live in Kentucky and I am liberal democrat. But just because I hold minority views in my state does not mean I am taxed without representation. I have representatives from my state, they can't represent every single person in my state points of views.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 01:51 pm
@revel,

Bottom Line:
The vast majority of American citizens do not feel
like they are represented by their states representatives.

The vast majority of American citizens feel that all politicians are in it for
themselves and forget the citizens that elected them once they take office.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 01:54 pm
@H2O MAN,
Repeat:
Re: H2O MAN (Post 3636812)
It's evident you have no understanding of those words; please identify who on Obama's team are "on the job training?" List them by name and their background, and why they are "on the job training?"

Quit ignoring this question; you made a statement. Now, back it up.

You make wild claims you can't even back up.