digital camera help req

kev

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2003 12:43 am
I haven't the vaguest idea what is good, or what is bad in this field,can you help?

What do you think of the Dm334 on this link?

http://www.technipeal.com/digital_cameras.htm

Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,379 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2003 01:19 am
It all depends, for what you need and will use a digital camera.

Just for fun, any will do, I think.

If you 'photograph', however, you really should look for the "optical zoom".

Some really good help/advice is to be found at this webside

Digital Camera Advice Centre
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2003 02:34 am
I'm thinking of upgrading and DM334 looks like a pretty good deal, however, you may find it cheaper somewhere else. Here's a brief summary of digital cameras: The higher the pixel rate the better the picture quality. Pixel rates start at about 1.3 and continue with 1.3 being a decent picture to 4.0 being a great picture. This is the number one factor when purchasing a camera. The higher the pixel rate the higher the cost. Also make sure the camera is capable of taking close up as well as distance pictures. Having a battery pack is beneficial because memory eats the batteries. It's just hard to explain it all here. Shop around, there are some really good deals out there. Go to a reputable dealer who knows their cameras and ask a lot of questions.

I love my digital camera. I can take hundreds of pictures and immediately download them to my computer. I have the option of also taking video clips ( most digital cameras have this feature) which last about 3 minutes. Add a memory card and you'll get longer video clips and more pictures. The best part: no film to develop.

I hope I've helped a little bit. Maybe others will add their input and their knowledge.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2003 05:58 am
Modern digital cameras have 5 million and more pixels.

Even with this, you can't get quality printed pictures greater than 20x30 cm. (Besides, I never heard of a printe, which can do 4 million pixel or even more.)

If you just need it for snapshots and other things than photos, such a camera will be okay.
There are - as colorbook already pointed out - certainly cheaper offers than the one you quoted.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2003 08:59 am
I couldn't get the link to work (so I cannot tell whay kind of camera you are talking about), I've have had 2 digital camera's so far. Both by Olympus. My next one is going to be 6 megapixel at starts at about $1,000 USD (Canon).
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2003 09:04 am
Pretty Serious about this camera right here Canon - EOS Digital Rebel SLR Camera

http://www.accurate-tech.com/images/eosdigitalrebel.gif
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2003 09:40 am
Another note here. Buy something rather inexpensive for your first camera but nothing real cheap (between $200-$300). You can learn the workings of the digital camera and discover which features you like the best and which features you would like to add. In a couple of years you can upgrade to something really nice like husker is looking at. By then that camera may be two or three hundred dollars cheaper, and something even better will replace it.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2003 09:55 am
sometimes I still wish I had my 1.3 mp camera (Olympus D360) around - it was fairly small and took a heck of a picture at that resolution.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2003 10:06 am
Yeah husker 1.3 is not bad, however if you move just a little bit when taking a picture it comes out blurry. You have to hold the camera very still and maybe even hold your breath sometimes. LOL
0 Replies