Youtube download question

chai2

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2009 03:09 pm
I'd bought a flip video digital camcorder, and just downloaded a short vid of my garden, to place in a thread here.

After downloading, I viewed the approx 3 min long recording and was disappointed to see how bad the quality was

I looked on youtube and saw someone else was having the same problem, but no satisfactory answer/solution was ever given.

any idears?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,589 • Replies: 6
No top replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2009 03:15 pm
@chai2,
izzie downloads the odd video, and she uses photobucket i believe, they always look pretty good, maybe pm her
Izzie

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2009 03:18 pm
@chai2,
aHey Chai...

when i upload pics on video to youtube the quality is really appalling. sometimes you get a tab underneath the youtube video which says "view in high quality"... or something like that.

depending on the format of the file you have..... I took a VT off my little camera and uploaded it onto photobucket.... (or imageshack- whichever you use) and the quality - tho not brillliant - is certainly MUCH better than youtube.

Don't know enough about the file extensions to tell you whether or not photobucket will upload yours - but its worth a shot if you can - does take a while to upload tho (2 min video I did last nite took about 25 mins to upload Shocked)
Izzie

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2009 03:19 pm
@djjd62,
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... spooooooooooooky! You musta heard me typing djjd! HA! Very Happy
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2009 06:28 pm
@Izzie,
thanks Izzie

I'll look at your instructions tomorrow. My brain is officially off until the morning.

Beware, I'm sure I'll be asking more questions when I can comprehend.

Thanks bunches
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2009 07:19 pm
You might want to try vimeo.com. They allow higher quality video than YouTube.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2009 07:48 pm
I'm watching with interest..... this is what I've heard is the problem with the Flip video camera -- that it loads to Youtube okay but doesn't transfer anywhere else very well......
0 Replies