An A2K confessional

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2009 08:22 am
Forgive me A2K for I have sinned.

Leaving the house after tending to a screaming four year old, I had to make a right turn from a side street onto a busy main street. The left-bound side of the busy street was filled with stopped traffic. The right-bound side of the busy main street was wide open. There were four or five cars on my side street waiting for their turn.

The car in front of me was way to the right of the side street (which approaching the intersection is well wide enough for two cars in either direction) meaning that instead of taking the wide open right turn... I had to wait for her to make the ver difficult left-turn. In my defense, she could have made life a lot easier by getting over to the left lane where she could wait, and the rest of us right turners could get on with our days.

Anyway, I wasn't in the mood to wait, so I pull up to the left of her to make the right turn (across her)-- this is not something that my normal mature and respectful self would have done on a normal morning.

So she laid on her horn angrily as I cut in front of her... and I may have made a rather angry gesture.

Right after I felt really bad. This is not something I have done in, I don't know, 15 years.

What a crummy day.

dlowan

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2009 08:52 am
@ebrown p,
Absolved, my son.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2009 01:29 pm
Last night, after returning home from a lengthy business trip, I was playing with Ernie (my main dog). Stash, (backup dog) got angry and demanded similar attention. SO I let ERnie outside and he went on a run through the countryide. I was playing catch the cat with STash and totally forgot about ERnie . I then went into the studio and sat down to do some reading. I fell asleep. At 4AM I was awakened (still sitting in a chair) , by ERnioe outside , baying. He curled up in his basket and went to sleep and didnt make a sound till this morning when he and Stash made a brekfast order to us (still in bed).
SO, this morning as I drove to town I passed a small development about 2 miles away from my home. Outside each home was a collection of bagged trash. Each and every trash bag was puntured and trash and garbage was strewn about each homes driveway just like someone had gone mining for the contents. (THis was a mark of Ernie). I went into town, got some coffee and returned home and my wife said that she had several calls about our dog and garbage messes, "DID I KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS?"

"NOPE" I said"Ernie was sitting next to me when I woke in the chair and came to bed".

A Lie of course. Ernie is the only creature who loves dumpster diving and he shreds garbage bags like they were pin'atas. However, Im my dogs alibi and I wont rat Im out.

Guy gave me the finger as I drove by the development later today. Hes just some old retired coot who is always buggin me about using manure onto fields.

I ask for penance and absolution.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2009 01:51 pm
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:

Sorry, but only the people involved in the transgression can do the forgiving. You can forgive yourself for making a mistake, but only the person who has been hurt can forgive the person who hurt them.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2009 02:18 pm
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

ebrown p wrote:

Sorry, but only the people involved in the transgression can do the forgiving. You can forgive yourself for making a mistake, but only the person who has been hurt can forgive the person who hurt them.

As in My Name is Earl.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2009 02:42 pm
@rosborne979,
I guess the word "forgive" has a couple of different meanings. I received the forgiveness I was seeking, that is religious absolution, from Dlowan. That's good enough for me.
Linkat

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2009 03:20 pm
Can we all ask for forgiveness here?

I just cheated - I did not have a code for a sporting event pre-sale. I did a search on line and came up with a bunch that did not work - finally I found one that did and got 3rd row seats.

Now I feel guilty for cheating.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2009 03:29 pm
I bought groceries on my break, which we're not allowed to do (I work there). Contrary to the rest of you, I felt pretty good about getting away with it. Big crime, eh?
ebrown p

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2009 03:32 pm
@Mame,
Can you be absolved without feeling guilty first? (I want to be part of your religion.)
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2009 08:01 pm
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:
I guess the word "forgive" has a couple of different meanings. I received the forgiveness I was seeking, that is religious absolution, from Dlowan. That's good enough for me.

Ok, if that works for you.

It just never made much sense to me that anyone could be forgiven by someone not associated with the event that needs forgiving. It would seem like a hollow gesture to me.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2009 08:05 pm
@rosborne979,
Hollow gesture, sure, but it's an interesting thread idea.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2009 09:03 pm
Last year my neighbor bought some spindle ass walnut tree (or some kind of nut that wasn't pecan, we have tons of pecans here) that was like a foot and a half tall.

He doesn't have a lick of sense, unlike his father, whom I admire greatly. He planted this stupid thing right on the property line in our front yards. If this tree ever did grow, its roots would have grown under my patio, maybe even the house, making all kindza problems for me.

The dope never even bothered to water the thing, but I knew someday he would remember it, and give it some kind of super grow ****.

One day, I was gardening, and while pulling up a weed, lost my balance and landed on my butt about an inch from this "tree"

"oh damn" I thought "why didn't I land a couple inches to the right? My ass would have annililated that thing."

I bided my time, and finally they went on a 3 day weekend getaway.

They weren't coming back until Tuesday, so, when I came back from jogging at 5:30am, in the dark, I accidently stepped on the walnut tree, snapping it in two.

If it ever came up in conversation, I was prepared to lie like a rug.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2009 09:09 pm
@chai2,
Clearly a dog ate it.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2009 09:18 pm
@chai2,
ha ha ha you sound just like me :_

A truck was parked outside my house for three months. I considered it abandoned, but unfortunately, the parking enforcement did not as the license was valid. They would not tow it, they would not even ticket it. Clearly, other measures (vigilante justice) were called for. One day, after making a mysterious phone call, it was gone! Lo! Hail to the taxpayer!

Did I feel guilty that this truck was now 70 miles south getting its ignition system repaired? Not at all.

<evil laugh>
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2009 05:27 am
mwaa ha ha.
0 Replies