Can you do any of these bizarre tricks?

boomerang

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 09:08 am
I can step from flat footed on the floor to a 36" high countertop which is really handy for changing light bulbs and reaching things on high kitchen shelfs. It's probably not a remarkable thing to tall people but I'm only about 5'6" so the countertop is higher than my hip joints. If I'm ever stuck in a giant's house I think it will be a real talent.

My best trick is that I can sing the alphabet backwards which has a mesmerizing effect on little kids.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 11:56 am
boomerang wrote:
I can step from flat footed on the floor to a 36" high countertop which is really handy for changing light bulbs and reaching things on high kitchen shelfs. It's probably not a remarkable thing to tall people but I'm only about 5'6" so the countertop is higher than my hip joints. If I'm ever stuck in a giant's house I think it will be a real talent.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone mention such a thing before boomer! Would I be to far out of place to ask how it is your stumbled upon this ability? Digging for pots and pans on the top shelf?

You're knee must rise over the height of your head when doing this. Shocked Sounds like it could be painful!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 12:04 pm
I used to do the alphabet backwards, too. Are you left-handed?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 04:22 pm
Great a left-handed topic coming???
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 08:36 pm
Hi fishin - I never thought this ability was a "talent" of any kind until other people noticed that I could scramble up and change a strobe light without having to drag out the ladder.

I also have a really bad habit of propping my knee up on counter tops as a way of slouching. People do have a way of noticing when your feet start inching towards their counters - I've learned that my calf is a more acceptable counter top accesory than my foot and I'm careful now to not offend.

I'm not left handed but to be honest, I envy people who are as there are many people that I greatly admire who are left handed so I see it as a desirable quality. (Strangely, about half of my staff is left handed.) I can do a lot of things with my left hand but my handwriting is pretty awful even using my right hand so I avoid using the left unless I want complete secrecy!
0 Replies

maxsdadeo

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 12:34 am
boomer has at least a 36" vertical leap?!?!?

Garshk!

That's impressive.

I can curl my tongue, (both up and down) and also tie a cherry stem in a knot with it.
0 Replies

JoanDark

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 02:32 am
Yep. I can curl my tongue-genetic, I know. Both my kids can too.
I can raise my right eyebrow. I used to be able to raise either, but-no more. Not enough dubiousity in my life, maybe! I can flare my nostrils, I USED to be able to touch nose with tongue, but on trying it now-just slather on the keyboard. Maybe because in the olden days I used to talk more? Keyboardin' makes for shorter tongues?
I can also "take off my thumb". (Anyone know what I'm tawkin' about?)
Oh, and I can wiggle my ears, and cross my eyes (Don't do that! Your face will stick that way!)
0 Replies

JoanDark

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 02:32 am
Yep. I can curl my tongue-genetic, I know. Both my kids can too.
I can raise my right eyebrow. I used to be able to raise either, but-no more. Not enough dubiousity in my life, maybe! I can flare my nostrils, I USED to be able to touch nose with tongue, but on trying it now-just slather on the keyboard. Maybe because in the olden days I used to talk more? Keyboardin' makes for shorter tongues?
I can also "take off my thumb". (Anyone know what I'm tawkin' about?)
Oh, and I can wiggle my ears, and cross my eyes (Don't do that! Your face will stick that way!)
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 03:12 am
I can wiggle my ears to music, and with sufficient force to make my glasses jump up and down. I can curl my tongue, cross my eyes, arch one eyebrow, and flare my nostrils.

I can also dislocate my fingers so that they appear to dangle in an unattached sort of way. I used to be able to get my foot up behind my head, but I don't do that anymore.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 03:27 am
You folk would be sooooooooooo scarey to meet - can't you see the dinner table or bar?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 02:37 pm
Maxs - I can't JUMP that high, I can STEP that high - I can have one foot flat on the floor and the other flat on the countertop.

If I could jump that high I'm sure that even at my advanced age I could get a job with the WNBA.
0 Replies

JoanDark

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 07:49 pm
But Deb--We don't do the things all together!! (That WOULD be scarey!!)
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 08:03 pm
It seems that there are so many of you who can do so many of these, shall we say, 'unusual' things that it makes me (who is unable to do any of them or, for that matter, anything out of the ordinary when it comes to body movements) rather inept.

Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 08:24 pm
Let's twiddle our thumbs at them, Bandylu.
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 08:32 pm
Yeah, roger, let's twiddle away. I can twiddle with the best of them and I thank you for reminding me that I am not totally physically inept after all.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 11:18 pm
Well, OK. Let's see...........I can flare my nostrils, lift one eyebrow at a time, curl my tongue, and life one corner of my mouth (way up) at a time (both sides.) I can make my mouth look like a monkey, (very funny for kids,) and make a fish mouth (pull corners of my mouth in.) You can see I've practiced these accomplishments for a long time. And while I can't wiggle my ears, I can do something I've seen few other people be able to do. I can move my scalp back and forth, so my hair moves. When I had a pony tail, I could wag my tail. Laughing

And I can wink, both eyes, one at a time, of course. :wink:

And I can whistle too. I think that's all.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2002 12:54 am
Well, I can wink both at once. :wink:
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2002 02:47 am
roger!

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2002 02:53 am
What a band of freaks! Coordinated freakhood would most definitely be freaky.

I can:

Flare my nostrils and also close them completely. I can close just one nostril and keep it closed for as long as I can inhale (this freakish power is waning). I can raise one eyebrow (left). I never thought of lifting the corner of my mout as a trick, that's my normal smile (it started as a child when I was trying to copy a baby who would do a perfect half smile). I can curl my tongue. I can wistle through my teeth. I usedtocould throw my voice....

Me is a veritable freak!
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2002 08:58 am
In addition to flaring my nostrils, winking, lifting my right eyebrow, bending all my fingers from the top knuckle, making a fish mouth while crossing my eyes, I can grasp the inside of my right foot with my right hand and straighten my leg out in front of me. I can no longer do it as well with my left hand and leg. Oh, I can do the vulcan greeting. "V", Live long and prosper.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/16/2024 at 08:26:00