Have you made any funeral plans?

dyslexia

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 05:52 pm
cremated, ashes dropped off the Rio Grande Bridge outside Taos, In the parking area Jug Band playing, a keg of Fat Tire beer, a case of Marker's Mark whisky and any friends I might have dancing and howling at the moon.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 05:53 pm
@Reyn,
Am I planning plan my funeral? Why? Do I look sick? Mr. Green
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 08:39 pm
Bought the plot. When we got the deed I went over and danced on it.
Planning to pre-pay at MacDonald & Finneran (they're undertakers, not a law
firm). Did the whole medical proxy thing. Got a will, but need to update it.
Told the kiddos I want "I Can See Clearly Now" played at the funeral.
Reyn

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2009 12:27 pm
@George,
Nicely done Dys (albeit a bit bizarre) and George! Good touch on the tune. Wink
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2009 12:53 pm
I find funerals depressing. I don't plan to attend mine.
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2009 12:57 pm
I want my feet sharpened and then be driven into the ground with a jack hammer.

Rap
0 Replies

Shapeless

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2009 12:59 pm
A while ago I started a thread asking if A2Kers had given any thought to what their epitaph will read:

http://able2know.org/topic/80874-1
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2009 06:48 am
@Shapeless,
My life-long question: "WHY?"

BBB
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2009 07:03 am
I will be cremated, (I have already picked out my urn- very snazzy), and placed beside Mr. P. in a niche in a national cemetery. Actually, I would have liked my ashes spread in my favorite lake in a state park, but deferred to Mr. P's wishes- no skin off my nose, to coin a phrase.

I don't want a funeral or memorial service. I have been to many, and find them boring at the least, distressing at most. Don't want to put anyone through that.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2009 07:25 am
Why is it considered necessary to nail down the lid of a coffin?
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2009 08:33 am
@Phoenix32890,
Phoenix32890 wrote:

I will be cremated, (I have already picked out my urn- very snazzy), and placed beside Mr. P. in a niche in a national cemetery. Actually, I would have liked my ashes spread in my favorite lake in a state park, but deferred to Mr. P's wishes- no skin off my nose, to coin a phrase.

I don't want a funeral or memorial service. I have been to many, and find them boring at the least, distressing at most. Don't want to put anyone through that.

I went to one well done funeral. The body of honor belonged to a man who was convinced he was about to pass through the portals of Heaven. His family believed the same thing, as did his church. He insisted that the event be joyful, and it was. The "mourners" did not appear to be in mourning at all. His widow and children had smiling faces, and the eulogy was entertaining and full of good humored observations. I heard: In his backwoods part of Arkansas, he never owned a pair of shoes before he passed birthday # sixteen. Also: When knocking on doors in Guayana, he insisted on working his area alone. There was some sort of humor in the situation. At any rate, I, the atheist, was the only tearful person there. No matter how one feels about the way these people believe, it was an example that a funeral need not be an ordeal in every case.

I'm thinking to put in writing that I want a big clown nose put on my face for the funeral, and to be shut in the casket that way.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2009 10:32 am
@Reyn,
The majority in Scandinavia get cremated and still have a grave with a marker.
Why shouldn´t they? After all many of us want to have a grave to visit.
One can also be buried in a plot with no markers, but a minority does that.
To spread the ashes just some place is as a rule not allowed.
In Sweden it is not easy to be spread over the ocean. You need special allowance to do that.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2009 10:48 am
Thank you all for your input.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2009 08:33 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

Why is it considered necessary to nail down the lid of a coffin?

Isn't it obvious? So you can't get out if you decide you're not quite done walking the Earth yet!

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 03:12:41