So...is your TV better now that it's digital?

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2009 07:50 pm
So...is your TV better now that it's digital?

Mine sure isn't. The cable TV company made the switch last month and this new "crisp, clear" digital reception is marred by little things such as the voice and video being out of synch, pixels freezing, entire pictures freezing for 1-10 seconds, and sometimes blacking out. Oh, and there's regular old static, too. OK, it's probably special Digital Static so it shouldn't bother me, right?

I never had these kinds of problems with my old analog cable. Heck, even the old rabbit ears were better.

So...is your TV better now that it's digital, or it is just my cable company?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 11 • Views: 2,315 • Replies: 11
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2009 07:59 pm
I believe the fault is the cable company. Could be your equipment to. Good digital reception is far superior to analog.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2009 08:06 pm
My digital seems fine. I can see every mole on Bret Favre's face. I can see pantie lines where I've never seen them before. I feel like I'm there when a Laker falls to the floor. Check with your cable company.
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2009 08:36 pm
When it's good, it's good.
When it's not, it pisses me off. I raise my fist and shout at the tv, "Thanks for making us all switch to digital"
Sometimes, I'd rather look at fuzzy reception, yet catch all the words.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2009 08:56 pm
my t.v. is so good now with digital that when a beer commercial comes on I find a frosty glass of Lone Star beside my chair beside a bowl of nachos and salsa.
Thomas

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2009 10:40 pm
@GeneralTsao,
No difference for me. My reception was fine before the switch. It still is.
Foofie

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2009 12:09 pm
When it is good, it is very clear and literally brilliant colors. The network channels, commercial tv, never have a problem. Perhaps, because they send a strong signal? The "-" channels are a benefit with 24/7 weather, or whatever. The PBS and UHF channels occasionally have a problem. Why, I do not know. I have heard that there are special antenna boosters that one must plug into electricity, to get an amplified digital signal. I will not do that; no reason in my mind. I do like the added channels in other languages. No reason; I just like to see the diversity of tv.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2009 12:12 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

my t.v. is so good now with digital that when a beer commercial comes on I find a frosty glass of Lone Star beside my chair beside a bowl of nachos and salsa.

If only, man. If only.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2009 12:17 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

No difference for me. My reception was fine before the switch. It still is.

same here, I don't really pay attention.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 04:40 pm
@Thomas,
If you were on cable or satellite, they've switch to digital from months ago to two or three years ago. If you already had digital, you won't notice any difference as over-the-air is still broadcasting analog which can't be tuned in by a digital set -- you'll only get the digital and in hi-def it you have a hi-def tuner in your TV. It's analog that is inferior and once they all switch to all digital, those signals won't have to be eating up their bandwidth -- the drop-out on sound and picture should pretty much dissappear. If you were on an antenna or rabbit ears and purchased an adapter, you also have to buy the correct antenna or rabbet ears to pick up the digital data over the air.

The only real difference is the hi-def 1080 lines of definition over the standard digital 480 lines of resolution. That figure out as ten times a clearer, more detail picture with hi-def and even better with 1080p as the signal is progressive scan.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2009 06:15 pm
I can't believe no one told me about the Blowjob Feature standard with these digital TVs! Life is good!
Lightwizard

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2009 11:49 am
@Gargamel,
If you can get it into one of those little RCA jacks, you're in trouble.
0 Replies