Social Pub

Montana

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 07:40 pm
Hi all :-) Just opening a social pub where everyone can come to talk about anything at all. So, what's going on?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,566 • Replies: 31
No top replies

SealPoet

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 07:42 pm
Oh, not much. Just got back from dropping the kids off at their mother's. Mrs. SealPoet and I are going to have a glass of wine and go to bed, but I thought I'd check in with my virtual friends beforehand.

You?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 07:46 pm
Isn't that nice. Can I have a glass of wine with you and the Mrs?

I've been bottling tomatoes like crazy lately due to my huge crop and I've been printing all kinds of worksheets for my sons lessons, so I'm all worked out. I decided to have a few beers tonight, so I am starting to relax some. Thanks for asking :-)
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 07:49 pm
Landlord, a pint of your finest oatmeal stout, please. Smile I'll just settle in next to the fire.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 07:49 pm
Hiya.

I'm much much too grumpy. The perfect boots I found online that I was waiting to have more money to buy are out of stock in my size. I went to pick up a donation for the silent auction I'm organizing, and where I was promised a large gift basket crammed with goodies, I got a blank stare, an "oh..." when I produced proof of the commitment, a hurried grabbing of something crappy, and a quick handover wrapped in tissue. Hmph. Just lots of petty annoyances along those lines.

You?
0 Replies

kev

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 07:51 pm
Montana, sorry to get off the point already, and please forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean by "bottling tomatoes"?
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 07:52 pm
Working on traslating a letter from an unhappy oblate to his father in Mainz. Por kid misses his family and complains that, in essence, life in Fulda was no fun for a thirteen year old.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 07:52 pm
Hob
Here you go. Cheers :-D

Soz
I'm so sorry you had such a lousy day :-(
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 07:55 pm
Downs half of glass and lets out belch to the tune of "over the hills and far away."
Ops! Embarrassed
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 07:56 pm
kev wrote:
Montana, sorry to get off the point already, and please forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean by "bottling tomatoes"?

Kev
I have a garden and when harvest time rolls around I put some stuff in bottles. Canning is the technical term for it. It's what they use to do in the old days so they'd have food for the winter.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 07:58 pm
Fulda. Fulda. Where the heck is Fulda? (OR Mainz?)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 07:58 pm
hobitbob wrote:
Downs half of glass and lets out belch to the tune of "over the hills and far away."
Ops! Embarrassed

It's ok to belch in here hob since it is a pub ;-)
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 08:04 pm
Sorry Soz. Both are in Germany. I'm working on a paper for Kalamazoo on runaway novices in 15th century Germany. Fulda was a very rich monastery that received the sons of many noble families.
(takes slower sip from glass, basks in the warmth of the fire.)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 08:04 pm
Ooh! Cool. (I coulda Googled it, but more interesting to get the why and the wherefor from you.)
0 Replies

kev

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 08:08 pm
Montana what I really meant was why dont they go off?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 08:09 pm
We've got the very tippity tip of a hurricane thingy going on here, but that's pretty boring.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 08:10 pm
kev wrote:
Montana what I really meant was why dont they go off?

Why don't what go off?
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 08:12 pm
The tomatoes. How exactly does canning prevent spoilage? Is it beacuse of the vaccuum?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 08:17 pm
hobitbob wrote:
The tomatoes. How exactly does canning prevent spoilage? Is it beacuse of the vaccuum?

Yes. There are special seals that need to be used. You need to add a tablespoon of lemon juice to each bottle before you add the tomatoes to nutrilize the acid in the tomatoes, then put the special seal and boil the bottles for 35 minutes. The pressure makes the sealers pop which is when you know they're sealed. After they're sealed they're good for a year.
0 Replies

smokingunne

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2003 02:19 am
Smile Good mornin' Montana, I'm not long after breakfast so a coffee will do me please, no sugar........ thanks Montana, would you have a mornin' paper to catch up on the local news.
Smokin settles down in the corner with coffee and paper....... :wink:
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Social Pub
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/10/2024 at 10:36:07