Some experts are now saying 2010 will be better

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2009 10:59 am
Quote:
Forecasters: Economy worse in '09, better in '10
By JEANNINE AVERSA, AP Economics Writer Jeannine Aversa, Ap Economics Writer Mon Feb 23, 7:19 am ET

WASHINGTON " Brace yourself: The recession is projected to worsen this year. The country stands to lose a sizable chunk of economic activity in 2009 as consumers at home and abroad retrench in the face of persistent economic troubles. And the U.S. unemployment rate " now at 7.6 percent, the highest in more than 16 years " is expected hit a peak of 9 percent this year.

IMHO, I challenge that positive outlook. My guesstimate says it'll take at least two to three years before we see anything positive in our economy.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 2,135 • Replies: 12
No top replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2009 11:27 am
@cicerone imposter,
My crystal ball fell on the floor and broke. I wonder who manufactured the one these people are using.
dyslexia

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2009 11:36 am
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

My crystal ball fell on the floor and broke. I wonder who manufactured the one these people are using.
I trashed my crystal ball and now rely totally on Tarot.
Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2009 11:45 am
@dyslexia,
I just read the daily astrology forecast in the Boston Globe. It's never been wrong yet. For example, today's tidbit says, "When it comes to finances, don't let emotions take over. Stick with what you know works and you will maintain your position." Who could argue with that? (Of course, apparently it applies only to us Capricorns.)
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2009 11:46 am
@dyslexia,
You can also roll some old chicken bones no the floor. I hear that works sometimes.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2009 11:52 am
@rosborne979,
And you know how to "read" the bones, right?
rosborne979

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2009 01:11 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Same way you "read" the stars, just figure out what the sucker/customer wants to hear and give it to them Wink
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2009 01:33 pm
Quote:
Although the government has said it doesn't want to nationalize banks, many investors are clearly still concerned that this could be a possibility as banks continue to suffer severe losses because of the recession.

Perhaps it's my faulty memory but it seems to me the Resolution Trust Fund was "nationalization" it's just that no one used that terminology in those days.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2009 02:23 pm
@dyslexia,
Might as well nationalize the banks; our government's deficit is so huge, no private entity will be able to support the interest payments. (Cash = bonds = deficits.)
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2009 04:00 pm
I always wonder who these "experts" are. "Experts" say this or that. I really need to know one of these experts personally - there is a huge lottery coming up I'd like to see what the experts say the winning number will be.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2009 04:33 pm
@Linkat,
Go have a meal at a Chinese restaurant, and save your fortune cookie; they usually have lotto numbers on them. Wink
Linkat

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2009 04:38 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Are they the experts? The writers of chinese fortune cookies?
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2009 04:58 pm
@Linkat,
About as good as anything else that suggests lotto numbers. The odds are still some over 20-million to one that you'll win. Save your money, or treat yourself to an ice cream cone.
0 Replies