New HP C7200 all-in-one won't print

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 11:26 am
Suddenly my brand new HP C7200 PhotoSmart printer won't print. This morning, it printed a document from Word with no problem, but 10 minutes later it refused to print at all.I tried printing from the scanner and an old item came out, following which the scanner too failed to activate the print function.Is this a typical problem with HP PhotoSmart printers?

I am very unhappy, because up to now it has been working well. I just hooked up the fax function yesterday, but that doesn't seem to have affected the print function, since it did print perfectly well after the fax was set up.

Finally, the manual gives almost no information on the printer, spending most of its space on the fax features. The HP Solution icon deals exclusively with the scanner.

My computer is HP Pavilion 21550y & I currently use Word 2002; I am planning to upgrade to Word 2203 soon, but would like to straighten this out before doing that.

I am at my wits' end!

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 5,907 • Replies: 5
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 11:31 am
@Tomkitten,
ditto, as in same problem, same printer.
Tomkitten

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 11:45 am
@dyslexia,
O goody goody.

At least I know it's probably not me...
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 11:46 am
Typo - computer is a1550y not 21550y. Sorry.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 08:56 pm
@Tomkitten,
Have you checked the print queque to see if there is a pending print job that is stuck in the queque?

Have you successfully done a printer self-test?

Have you reversed what you did yesterday to hook up the fax function to see if it works again?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2009 10:10 am
Go to HP and download the latest driver. XP and Vista should prompt at the install to replace the driver that you now have. Unplug and set up the printer.

Especially in the last two years, inventories build up of some of these models and they have outdated drivers included.
0 Replies