Best Place to Put Your Money

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2009 08:51 pm
Hi all,

Cashed out of the stock market a little late but at least not as bad as it could have been. 2 Weeks ago at 8300's I sold all and went into treasury bonds. Now all that I hear is that the dollar is over inflated on the global market. So brings my question, what country has an over deflated currency or a very stable one.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,597 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2009 09:11 pm
@islandgirl,
You know it's not money until you sell it. Maybe you should go back into the market and try the strategy of buying low and selling high. I still think the dollar is a good investment and I can't think of any other currency I would gamble on at the moment unless I was very savvy about world finance.

0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2009 09:17 pm
@islandgirl,
Guns hold their value VERY well. And there is a decent chance that Obama and Congress will re-institute the assault weapons ban which will cause the value of existing weapons to rise.

If I were you, I'd invest your money into heavy weaponry such as a Colt AR15.
roger

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2009 11:03 pm
@maporsche,
Except if the trade were banned, with no grandfathering, you might have an investment in scrap metal.
maporsche

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 06:29 am
@roger,
Yeah, I suppose that's true. God, I don't even want to think about it. I'd hate to take some drastic action.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 06:32 am
I am hanging tight, (while whistling softly, "On the Good Ship, Lollipop!") Laughing
0 Replies

islandgirl

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2009 03:34 pm
Thank goodness I got out when I did. Well guys, do you think it's time to buy back in or become an ex-pat?
0 Replies