Magginkat

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2009 04:50 pm
@boomerang,
If ever there was a case for mandatory sterilization, this is it. This woman's elevator definitely does not go all the way to the top floor.

Will this draw enough attention to her or will she need to come up with something else to get the attention she craves.
dlowan

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2009 08:20 pm
@Magginkat,
And a very close eye on the damn doctor?
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2009 08:23 pm
@Magginkat,
Magginkat wrote:
If ever there was a case for mandatory sterilization, this is it.

Let's talk again when these children pay payroll taxes to secure your Social Security check.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2009 08:28 pm
@Thomas,
This whole episode leaves me speechless, a rarity. But - other things are going on in the world, so I avert my eyes. Ha, except right now, posting here.

The doctor is in BH. I've worked in BH in a clinical lab in an extremely upscale neighborhood. Just had a horrifying thought, wonder what building he's in.
Oh, never mind.
0 Replies

nastynurse

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2009 08:48 pm
Okay, not only should the children not be persecuted in this situation, we need to take a hard look at how quickly we jumped to scream for blood when we all just adore Jon&Kate Plus 8 - the difference of course being the almighty $. ALL multiple births carry high risks of birth defects and developmental problems which calls in to question the quality of life of the offspring of people who choose to go that route. Again, the difference is, Jon&Kate have lots of moula (especially since giving up their real life jobs for "reality" television which no doubt pays A LOT more) so their lifestyle will sort of, um.....uh, compensate - yeah, that's it compensate for the developmental and other complications of being a multiple. I agree that the tax burden of the octoplets is a non-issue (I can't see a whole bunch of women going out to find a lunatic doctor to implant them with 8 or 10 embryos so they can enjoy the fruits of welfare for the rest of their pathetic lives) but it is interesting that it's the $$$ that everyone seems to zero in on. That and the doctor who implanted her. HELLOOOOOOOOOO? The world is full of sleazeball doctors - I'm a nurse, I should know. This being America you can find just about anyone willing to do just about anything for either $ or fame - this guy is now famous which is why I refuse to use his name. If we really want to help, we should support the octoplet mom in getting the psychiatric help she should have had before her octoplets were implanted but which will no doubt benefit her and her children (and the rest of society) even now. We should support her family like any other family because her family shares the world with my family and yours too. I am hopeful that if we pry open our hearts, our minds might follow.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 06:59 am
@Thomas,
Not sure it's looking all that good re them paying for people's social security...but you never can tell.
0 Replies