Some good, some unusual things happed to BBB today

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2009 02:32 pm
I saw a huge hot air balloon land in the small parking lot of a neighborhood restaurant. It made a perfect landing. I guess the passengers were cold and wanted some hot coffee. Never saw anything like this before because they usually land in landing fields.

My eight year old 38" Sony TV is being returned to me this afternoon following a four week stay in the repair shop. It would interminently lose power. It was a obscure tiny regulator that was blowing out the main voltage regulator, which rarely occurs inn that location, for which he consulted Sony for advice and they couldn't understand what was happening. I'm relieved that I don't have to buy a new TV even though the repair costs me $230 including pickup and delivery. The repairman was persistent and kept trying even though he lost money on my beast because everything he tried kept blowing out the main regulator at $85 for each test.

My two doggies, Dolly and Maddy, love each other dearly. They learned to share everything, including food, from the time they arrived in my home. I will put down a small dish of licking amount of my leftover food and the two of them get both of their heads in the dish to lick up the remains with never an argument. But I've never seen dogs restrain their natural instincts in the following way. Last week I started teaching each of them which food bowl is theirs. Maddy usually doesn't eat all of his food at one time. I've noticed lately that after Dolly eats all of her dry food, but she does not move to Maddy's bowl to eat the remainer of his like she used to. She sniffs his food and backs away and doesn't eat it. Have any of you seen dogs behave that way?

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 894 • Replies: 3
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2009 04:12 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
I think my dog coulda fixed your tv for under 200$
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2009 05:11 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Good going, BBB!

I'm hoping you can add to that list today. Very Happy
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 11:01 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
It rained on my parade yesterday. When the TV repairman tested my TV again before delivering it to me, it died again. I drove to the shop yesterday to discuss the problems. He said it couldn't be fixed and I should buy a new TV. So yesterday, I checked out TVs at Target and Best Buy. Best buy didn't have the TV I wanted in stock. The first Target store also didn't have that one in stock, so I drove across the Rio Grande River to another Target store, which had two left of the TV I wanted. It cost more than I wanted to pay, but is large enough that I can see the print on the screen from my recliner chair. My eyes are not as good as they used to be. My son is coming over today to install it for me. He's feeling better and his leg is healing nicely.

Yesterday, had a nice chat with a woman who lives in the cul de sac behind my house. She's amazing. She volunteers for a hospice. She opened her home (in her fourth bedroom) to one of the women she had cared for and takes full care of her.

Her 21 year old daughter lives with her and is severely handicapped and retarded at the four year level. She's a cheerful person who seems to thrive on helping others. I haven't met her husband yet.

Three months ago, someone broke into her car and stole her daughter's very expensive communication device similar to the one that scientist Stephen Hawking uses. The thief probably thought it was a computer and doesn't even know what it is and no one else would buy it. Her insurance covered all but $1,000 of it's replacement cost.

She has two dogs so we will probably arrange a play date for my two dogs and her two.

BBB
0 Replies