The idiotic 'war on drugs'

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 06:42 am
@farmerman,

Farmgirl couldn't give you the definition of racist if her insignificant life depended on it.

What was her second point?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 06:44 am
@Frank Apisa,

You think he has the balls and you expect him to make a huge change...

How does any reasonable person come to expect this from a person with no track record or experience?

Do you base your entire life on hope?
rosborne979

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 08:44 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:
Does O boy have the balls to make a real change?

Unfortunately I don't hear any politicians (with any clout) talking about altering drug policy in any meaningful way. Despite the fact that if the federal budget is really so tight, this is an easy place to save money, AND solve local and global problems caused by trafficking.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 08:54 am
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

Despite the fact that if the federal budget is really so tight, this is an easy place to save money, AND solve local and global problems caused by trafficking.

Agreed!
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 08:59 am
@H2O MAN,
Blacks suffer disproportionately from the effects of the "war on drugs"; you'd figure that sooner or later and likely sooner members of Obama's own constituency are going to bring this rather forcefully to his attention.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 09:19 am
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
You think he has the balls and you expect him to make a huge change...

Yup!

Quote:

How does any reasonable person come to expect this from a person with no track record or experience?

By keeping an open mind...and by evaluating how the person conducts him/herself when you can observe him/her. My observations of Obama (he's been in the public eye a lot!) is that he has balls...and that he is committed to dealing with the huge numbers of problems left for him by the most incompetent administration in history.

And I think he what it takes to make significant changes. Whether he will or not in the area we are discussing here...where there still is so much sentiment against doing so...is still up in the air.

We'll see.

Quote:

Do you base your entire life on hope?

No. Do you base your entire life on despair?
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 09:48 am
@Frank Apisa,

There's no despair in my life and I don't see a shred of evidence that O boy is going to make any changes for the better.

I believe you are misinterpreting O boy's blatant arrogance and ignorance for his having balls. Blaming Bush doesn't help your case either.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 09:58 am
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
Blaming Bush doesn't help your case either.

Why is that?
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 10:03 am
@Frank Apisa,

Because O boy is the president and all blame/credit is now his and his alone.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 10:59 am
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
Because O boy is the president and all blame/credit is now his and his alone.

Oh, okay...now I see what you mean.

So let me re-word what I said:

"My observations of Obama (he's been in the public eye a lot!) is that he has balls...and that he is committed to dealing with the huge numbers of problems left for him by the most incompetent administration in history...which for some reason, H2O thinks is Obama's fault."

I hope that is better for you...although I gotta say that it doesn't make any sense to me when said that way.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 11:02 am

O boy is the president and all blame/credit for everything is now his and his alone.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 11:28 am
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
O boy is the president and all blame/credit for everything is now his and his alone.

Yes...I understand that H2O.

But I wrote a sentence...which you commented on"and because of your comment, I re-worded the sentence to accommodate your concerns.

I suspect the reason for the new, bold comment has to do with you realizing that my sentence was fine just the way it was.

In fact, let me repeat it:

My observations of Obama (he's been in the public eye a lot!) is that he has balls...and that he is committed to dealing with the huge numbers of problems left for him by the most incompetent administration in history.

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 12:00 pm
@Frank Apisa,

Let me put it another way - OK...

I believe you are misinterpreting O boy's blatant arrogance and ignorance for his having balls.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 12:26 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
I believe you are misinterpreting O boy's blatant arrogance and ignorance for his having balls.

Okay with me if you believe that!
Below viewing threshold (view)
rosborne979

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2009 09:55 pm
War on Drugs Clock

And those are just the expenditures. It does not take into account the incalculable value of undermining the business model that allows drug cartels to thrive.

Don't we have something better to spend our money on?

rabel22

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2009 10:29 pm
@rosborne979,
Wars.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2009 10:52 am
There seems to be more of this (Column from Cafferty) type of thing in the main stream press lately. Do you think it's finally gaining some traction?

rosborne979

Reply Wed 13 May, 2009 04:32 pm
Another article on legalizing drugs. When will congress start to listen?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 05:43 am
@rosborne979,
Here's hopin'.
0 Replies