Criminals get stupider all the time

shoesharper

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2003 01:28 pm
Heeven -- I love your avatar. Am I to assume it is a good likeness? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2003 04:33 pm
Uhoh...
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2003 07:48 pm
Re: Avatar
shoesharper wrote:
Heeven -- I love your avatar. Am I to assume it is a good likeness? Rolling Eyes

I love Heeven's avatar as well. It's one of my favorites for sure. You just gotta smile when you see that face Very Happy

Yours is great also Shoesharper ;-) In fact, that was my first avatar here on A2K.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2003 07:52 pm
The guy with the gun story is what we used to refer to as a "stupid patient trick!"
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2003 07:53 pm
Dot puddytat gots around....
0 Replies

Olen

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2003 11:17 pm
A fellow robbed a convenience store down the street last night. He left with some money, but he dropped his wallet with idenification in it. They caught him within the hour.
0 Replies

kev

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 03:53 am
Anything your idiots can do,
our idiots can do better,
our idiots can do anything better than yours.

http://www.darwinawards.com/

look on the left side of page scroll down to "firewall"
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 04:32 am
Those stories are priceless
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 05:41 am
One of the local, weekly, free papers here has a column devoted to this topic, some of my favorites: the convenience store robber who fled into the woods, but was apprehended easily because he was wearing the then stylish running shoes with the lights in the heel; the thief who burglarized a store, but stopped to fill in a sweepstakes application, giving his correct name and address; the bank robber who wrote a stick-up note on the back of a deposit ticket for his own checking account--the police had to wait for him to arrive home, they got there before he did. I don't recall all of them, but they do point up something i've always said, which is that crime usually does not pay because of the caliber of those who go into the profession. The feature in the paper is known as The News of Weird, and deals with more darwin award wannabes than just the crooks.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 05:54 am
I still love the one about the air force seargent who fitted jet assisted take off devices to the back of his car and literally flew it into the side of a cliff. LOL
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 05:55 am
That was last year's award winner, wasn't it?
0 Replies

Olen

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 06:07 am
We had a thief get caught in the fireplace chimney because of his loot. Bricks had to be removed.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 06:17 am
Setanta wrote:
That was last year's award winner, wasn't it?

Year before I think.
0 Replies

Olen

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 06:29 am
This one happened recently. A thief broke into a house that was in a fumigation tent, bagged his loot, and died at the locked front door.
Was that retribution, or what? Confused
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 07:28 pm
Wilso wrote:
I still love the one about the air force seargent who fitted jet assisted take off devices to the back of his car and literally flew it into the side of a cliff. LOL

If only it were a true stoty. Still funny though.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 09:04 pm
LOL! When I worked in corrections I heard some funny stories. One of my clients had the police arrive at his home before he did, because he parked in front of the bank in his own car when he robbed it. AND he was covered in green dye from the money - which attracted a bit of attention as he drove home, in his hallowe'en mask, (disguise) and long, black cape. Sigh.

Another fella - which wasn't funny for the poor shop owner - robbed a gold shop with his mate. Everyone was so nervous that, when the poor owner literally THREW the money at the robbers, they kept demanding it! Then they had to pick up the money - attracting the notice of other shop owners across the street, who pursued them - on their dinky little getaway motorcycle, which they fell off. The pursuing mob chased my fella, because he was chubby, and sat on him until the police arrived.

The police then tortured him - by sticking sharpened pencils into his hands - until he (a very unhardened criminal, indeed) gave up the name and address of his mate - meaning that his mate was annoyed with him, and he had to spend his whole sentence in protection, because he was a "dog". I think he gave up crime at that point.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 11:06 am
My vote for today's "Dumb Criminal of the Day' Award:

Quote:
License leads to robbery suspect
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 11:25 am
Re: Avatar
shoesharper wrote:

Yes this is exactly what I look like. I feel so pretty today!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 11:26 am
I just love how you get your feathers to stand up on your forehead...do you use mousse or gel?
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 11:28 am
Wilso wrote:

Urban legend (hilarious link here)
0 Replies